What a Difference

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I got my max last year, it had stock head pipes with the Cobra slash cuts. The first thing I did was to get a Voodoo 4-2 through Sean.

Last week, I decided to switch mufflers from my UFO megaphones back to the Voodoo slash cuts for a little while...however, I couldn't resist the urge to take spin around the block with no mufflers. As luck would have it, I lost the right mid-pipe during my spin.

I ordered another one, but in the mean time, I put my stock headpipes and Cobra slash cuts back on.

I know that they say that the Cobras rob power, but after getting used to the Voodoo exhaust, my max felt like a moped. I hit second gear and the front wheel didn't even come off of the ground.

Thankfully, my new mid-pipe arrived from Voodoo last night, and I am back in business :)

I had drilled stock on my Max when I got it and then got Cobra's and notice a drop in power right away, the problem is I like the look at sound of the Cobra's and I'm also cheap. One day I'll upgrade but for now I'll just run a bit slower.

I had drilled stock on my Max when I got it and then got Cobra's and notice a drop in power right away, the problem is I like the look at sound of the Cobra's and I'm also cheap. One day I'll upgrade but for now I'll just run a bit slower.

I like the sound of them...AND, I didn't need to wear earplugs while riding, but I immediately missed the pull with the VooDoos. I'm not jetted stock, so that may have made a difference too. She may not have liked that smaller jets with the stock headpipes.

Back