rebuilding my Vmax a year after my crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone. I should clear the color up.
Kyle you are right ! your guard was black when you sent it. It had a few scratches that I was able to rub them out and fill with primer before painting.

Sean is right too that the color was changed from the original.
When I bought the bike, it had been sitting for years under sheets and rubbish in the corner of a guys garage.

The paintwork was terrible and I had to respray everything.
My sone is crazy on Yellow, and so I had just enough of the yellow paint left over from when I reprayed his car years before.

The 'OLD' color I was talking about was the old yellow that I used.

The new yellow is just a yellow can of automotive spray paint from a Toyota that I found at the local home center near my house.

It is a slightly different color but it turned out nice.

I still need to paint the Tank cover but it's time to start putting the front together now which is so exciting so I will have some more photos in the next few days.

Thanks for everyones help and support so far. I really appreciate everyone and everything.

Looks like it's coming along. Love the yellow. I've been toying with getting a second set of bodywork in a color so I can swap as desired. That yellow has me thinking...:hmmm:

It's assembly day of the front of my bike

Yesterday I repaired and painted the cover all ready
Just from a spray can but it looks nice
3d35e95e8c8b2d6be2ff2d9964131c24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good. Whats the weather in Japan? Can you ride now?

Where I live it is cold but no snow yet.
It's about -4c at night and around 8-10c during the day
The wind is cold but with a good jacket and pants you can still enjoy a nice ride. I can see Mt Fuji from my house and it's already covered in snow so the cold is coming soon
56b1f215011372e67b96864873910daf.jpg

First
Happy new year to all my friends and Vmax riders.
Today is a wonderful day as my Vmax is back together
It's not finished yet but it's a bike again
I still have a lot to do as the motor hasn't run for 1 1/2 years.

Tomorrow I will try and get it running and post the video/s

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get my bike back together again

I am lost for words to know how to say thank you enough
0219e1e255732bcb0c1651f7c697eab5.jpg
510e91941bb40ff4ced427bba7b8d4a1.jpg
4af416dfccc29c6fa8ab0deba93fee1c.jpg
dcee93ce48abbc5be76f966d07bdd4d0.jpg
b9c1c439dd5336d87368d64994daa478.jpg
f349bc310187b85912e8b01ce1e2d919.jpg
b7766e751f1d0bd0c5fd67da721bf79c.jpg
c38066428ecf5f1ccd0bddb73bed22a3.jpg

looks good. Have you been doing sidewalk drawings in your spare time?:eusa_dance:

Loving the yellow! You did a great job. Only one tiny bit of advice. I notice you don't have the little chrome plastic caps over the 4 allen screws on the handlebar clamp. I lost mine years ago, and they got all funky corroded. I went to the hardware store and got stainless steel allen screws for them, and the screws that tighten the brake and clutch reservoirs to the handlebar. Got really picky and bought 4 little stainless phillips screws to hold the reservoir caps down also. I think it cost me less than $10.00, but replacing all those rusty ratty screws with stainless really made a difference.

Loving the yellow! You did a great job. Only one tiny bit of advice. I notice you don't have the little chrome plastic caps over the 4 allen screws on the handlebar clamp. I lost mine years ago, and they got all funky corroded. I went to the hardware store and got stainless steel allen screws for them, and the screws that tighten the brake and clutch reservoirs to the handlebar. Got really picky and bought 4 little stainless phillips screws to hold the reservoir caps down also. I think it cost me less than $10.00, but replacing all those rusty ratty screws with stainless really made a difference.

Great advice! Thanks for seeing my rebuild.

looks good. Have you been doing sidewalk drawings in your spare time?:eusa_dance:

Thanks! I can't take credit for the artwork. My son is the artist

If it runs as good as it looks, be careful! It looks mean and fast just sitting there!

Sadly it didn't fire up
The battery was dead so I used jumper cables but I do t think enough current was getting through them.

But I'll have to wait till next month as my wife informed me that I have spent my budget this month on it already

Hang in there darling! Only a few more weeks and you can run again!

It's been nearly three years since my accident and although I am still not fully recovered, I am enjoying my life again and working.
It's been a tough few years for my family and friends but I have also experienced unbelievable help and support

The Vmax community on the forum helped me and slowly I have been getting her back together.

Yesterday I bought a new battery to try and get her going today

I had a few electrical problems at first from wires broken in the accident. But then it fired up

I still have lots to do
More electrical, brakes, and tuning

But it's alive

Today is a fantastic day
Thank you everyone

Glad to hear it runs now. Be sure that all the systems are operational to the points they need to be. Make sure you give it a test series where you have plenty of space if something doesn't work like you thought. After a few heat/cool cycles, check for tightness on critical components you may have replaced, or removed.

Latest posts

Back