Where have all our Vmax Brothers gone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Been watching for a while now and it seems at times there's almost no active new threads here on the board. How many are still active on here. Is there any way to tell? I may disagree with some of you at times (Which I'm a Pain to do) but I hate to think that were a dying bread and board. Give me some hope here.

I'm still here. And as you know I disagree with some of you about politics but when it comes to our love of the VMAX I'm with you.

Still here... I see no reason to leave, there's still a lot to learn about these bikes, and still a lot of people to help with my limited knowledge. Most everyone here are cool people, and I enjoy the opportunity to hang out with you guys, even if it's only through the forum. Always look forward to Thunder, next year I'm going back to Days Inn, to be with the crew.

It was an epic year for me, and I would like to thank all of you who expressed concern, gave advice, and showed support. I would have been lost without you, my friends and brothers.

That's why I'm staying around, and Thank You all.

Still here too, lol. Been busy with my switch to dayshift and my power kiting hobby/obsession, lol. Kiting has been chewing up my funds so the mod monkey has gone back in his cage... for now... lol.

I think the multiple Vmax Facebook sites have probably slowed the use of a Forum style site. Seems like a trend.

This is kind of a slow time for anything motorcycle, with winter coming on. Hang in there, you're gonna see a lot more interest when it gets closer to Thunder.

Screw Facebook.

I post here frequently, sometimes about VMaxes. :biglaugh:

Having a variety of interests, my interest in the VMax is still a big part of my mechanical fixation. You know the word I hate, as it's so overused now, it's become trite? Passion. However I do have a lot of interest in the enduring musclebike we all love to discuss, to modify, and to ride.

People need to keep their interests going during the off-season when there's snow on the ground. Post your plans and work on your ride during the 'downtime.' And, please recall we all like pics, lots of pics! :punk:

I've been very busy with family which always comes first. We have done a big home project, pretty-much done now, but I am still setting up my new garage. It's taking longer than I like, but when I've gotten to a point where I can use it as I've envisioned it, I will be able to do home repairs, fleet maintenance such as I care to do, and whatever else strikes my fancy. It's not big, a two-car garage, but I'm setting the storage up so I can bring out whatever I want to work upon in enough space to get things done. I'm not likely gonna have room for a car rotisserie, but I should be able to do nearly whatever I want in that space. When it's further-along I'll show some pics.

FYI, HFT is selling the red 'Pittsburgh' lift for $279 on Black Friday, and Sa/Su. Get a better wheel chock and this should serve you well, at a price about 1/4 of a Handy Lift. They also have a floor cabinet for media blasting for I think it's $119. They also have a decent parts washer for I think $100. Get those three for $500 + tax and don't forget the 20% off coupon, sometimes they have 25% off. That should set you up for some serious work.

I think the multiple Vmax Facebook sites have probably slowed the use of a Forum style site. Seems like a trend.

Still here.. Been taking up some fishing and riding. setup collapsible poles, folding chair and my backpack. Riding up to the mountains when the weather permits. About to put the max away for the winter soon.

I thought the same thing. Not a whole lot of new posts lately.

Nobody out there have a project going on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm around. All the spread of the Facebook pages is aggravating sometimes. Especially with guys posting the same question on three or four different pages. They could have just come here and gotten the info quickly.

Same thing on french forum.

Facebook and other fucking social network apps! And mainly, Vmax is not up to date, this is sad to say but Vmax fans number is not growing with years...

Still here, still not socially networked :punk:. Lots of family stuff going on and very little riding time.

Oh, and I definitely am not cheating on the forum with Facebook. I actually cancelled my account because I never used.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm still here. I don't post as much and definitely haven't had time to ride as much as I used to. I think I'm on my 4th tank of gas of the year lol.

Mark

I've been suffering from onset of PMS

(Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)

Thanks or the replies.

Jumbled thoughts: I come here daily to stir things. Having a lot of health issues, bad part of getting old. Got too many toys too. 8 vehicles to keep up with. Money is worth less every day it seams. Everything's coming from China anymore. Bought turn signal bulbs for the rear yesterday, wouldn't fit and turn. Had to file the rear contact so the bulbs would push in and turn.

Took a ride on the Vmaxes yesterday after months of not being able too. Scared myself pretty bad several times.:rofl_200::bang head:

I'm still here Dave. I've wondered the same thing. We used to be more active here. Have we rehashed everything vmax possible? I can't imagine so. A lot of the old timers aren't active anymore. We've got competition from other sites for sure. Tech discussions were an everyday affair at one time.
Steve-o

I sold the Max because the chemo got me down a bit, but I still check in a few times a week to see what's going on.
I had Whipple surgery (Google it) in March and 6 months of chemotherapy, starting in April and ending in October. In early September I got a hernia from stacking hay bales (I know, stupid) and couldn't get it repaired until after the chemo was over. They did a CT scan, checking the effectiveness of the chemo and this Tuesday morning the oncology team told me everything looked good, no signs of tumors or masses. We were elated, but then the same afternoon the Dr. who did the hernia repair called and told us the peritoneal tissue sample she removed and sent to pathology came back with signs of pancreatic cancer cells. We went through the full range of emotions, high to low, in one day.
The oncology dept is having a meeting on Monday to discuss my case, and try to decide the best course of action from here, and will meet with me on Wednesday to present their plan. Won't know the prognosis until then. We're trying to stay upbeat and positive, but it's getting harder to do. Damn!
In the meantime, we sold our house and are having one built in a 55+ planned community (similar to Del Webb but much better). We put everything in storage and are living in a 1-BR apartment until the house is finished, which is scheduled for April.
My business, Cycle-istiC, (banner ad on this page) has slowed considerably because I haven't had much time to put into it. The phone numbers got changed in the move, and are not forwarding properly, so I lost my toll-free line and had to change the info on my website, which I know is also costing me business. The snowball effect just keeps growing.
I hope the rest of you are doing well, and getting your Maxes ready over the winter for next year's riding season. Ride on!

Back