Where have all our Vmax Brothers gone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to the board and find it exciting every day to learn more about my 2003 VMax.
Its turned into an addiction and I can't seem to get enough.
Great stuff on this site. Thank you to all those that have contributed.

I am new to the board and find it exciting every day to learn more about my 2003 VMax.
Its turned into an addiction and I can't seem to get enough.
Great stuff on this site. Thank you to all those that have contributed.

It is an addiction. Nice thing is doing mods wont hurt to much because you can buy a fairly decent bike for not much coin. Grin for $ ratio is pretty favorable to much more mainstream tame cruisers.

Cant go wrong.

Glad everyone is still kicking. Maybe now that the election is over we'll be out here more often instead of ranting in the Burnout Pit. :clapping:

I've been hunting the last 2 weeks and ready to roll again monday morning for another week or two it's hard trying to help keep the bear and deer population in check but no real complaints ..lol :punk:

I sold the Max because the chemo got me down a bit, but I still check in a few times a week to see what's going on.
I had Whipple surgery (Google it) in March and 6 months of chemotherapy, starting in April and ending in October. In early September I got a hernia from stacking hay bales (I know, stupid) and couldn't get it repaired until after the chemo was over. They did a CT scan, checking the effectiveness of the chemo and this Tuesday morning the oncology team told me everything looked good, no signs of tumors or masses. We were elated, but then the same afternoon the Dr. who did the hernia repair called and told us the peritoneal tissue sample she removed and sent to pathology came back with signs of pancreatic cancer cells. We went through the full range of emotions, high to low, in one day.
The oncology dept is having a meeting on Monday to discuss my case, and try to decide the best course of action from here, and will meet with me on Wednesday to present their plan. Won't know the prognosis until then. We're trying to stay upbeat and positive, but it's getting harder to do. Damn!
In the meantime, we sold our house and are having one built in a 55+ planned community (similar to Del Webb but much better). We put everything in storage and are living in a 1-BR apartment until the house is finished, which is scheduled for April.
My business, Cycle-istiC, (banner ad on this page) has slowed considerably because I haven't had much time to put into it. The phone numbers got changed in the move, and are not forwarding properly, so I lost my toll-free line and had to change the info on my website, which I know is also costing me business. The snowball effect just keeps growing.
I hope the rest of you are doing well, and getting your Maxes ready over the winter for next year's riding season. Ride on!

Sorry to hear of all the trouble you're having. I do understand as I think I'm at the beginnings of it myself. Keeping up with all the toys is killing me or maybe it's keeping me alive. They are tracking what may be several types of cancer. VA warned me years ago about the areas I was in for Agent Orange Poisoning. Not afraid of dying, just running us out of money and leaving my Wonderful Wife Broke. So I've refused further treatment. VA wants money to do anything.
Private co-pays suck too.

My second gear is going out so I am ridding like an old man. Things are not breaking as much and bike trouble issues are pretty much non-existent. (except 2nd gear)
The elections and debates took up some of my spare time, but I still check for new posts daily!
Things should pick up here on the board when Spring starts.

I still check in here every day or two and will continue to do that.
I do however reply to a lot more questions on Face Book because that seems to be where most new Vmax owners check in first.

I'm still here, and I used to post a lot more, and ask more questions as well. After a lot of the info that I posted was showing up on other forms of social media (and other people were taking credit for the information, and time and effort to get the info) I just dont feel like posting a lot anymore.

I'm still here, and I used to post a lot more, and ask more questions as well. After a lot of the info that I posted was showing up on other forms of social media (and other people were taking credit for the information, and time and effort to get the info) I just dont feel like posting a lot anymore.

Thats really to bad, internet plagiarism. I dont even use facebook so I never see it happen. My bike runs effen great because of your willingness to share your info and experience. I hope a few dickholes in facebook dont slow down the flow of great information here. I guess I'm a year too old to pay much attention to all the latest social networking, it doesn't add any value to my life as long as forums like this are alive.

I think I am on a couple of the VMax groups on Facebook. Once in a while, I look at the one that lists parts for sale. Otherwise, I can't be bothered. I need a VMax fix, I come here.

Been watching for a while now and it seems at times there's almost no active new threads here on the board. How many are still active on here. Is there any way to tell? I may disagree with some of you at times (Which I'm a Pain to do) but I hate to think that were a dying bread and board. Give me some hope here.

Still here. I'm usually reading the threads that are posted, not writing them. Lots of great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im here thank goodness!!
The people here are the best in the world!!!
Ill always keep posting with every piece I put back on my bike

Guys, I have been on this forum for about a year and hardly miss a day. I hope I can be as knowledgeable and helpful as you guys have been for me someday. I throw my 2 cents worth in when I can but I really can't say it any better than it has already been said most of the time. However, I will make every effort to keep the pulse of this forum strong and alive. Big thanks out to all of you! :punk:

Still here, don't do much posting anymore here more skimming than anything. I am not part of any other social media. The forum does have a different vibe these days for me. That about all I got gents.... Ride on or dream on if you already have snow lol

Still here too, although I have slowed down "restoring" the 80's muscle bikes, simply because the market sucks right now and I can't find the same deals I did down in Texas, up here in Kentucky. Seems like everybody wants way too much for their rusted out projects, and once restored, nobody wants to buy them. I went from restoring 10 bikes a year down there to maybe 1 or 2 up here, and haven't restored a 1st generation VMAX for several years now. Still have my 2015 VMAX and it will be the very last bike I sell, but the number of guys into these old VMAX's is really dwindling, I've noticed it on the V4 MuscleBike forum and the Facebook pages. We're all just getting old and the younger generation is not following in our footsteps.

Still here, just busy running our business. The Verminator is fast enough to scare me. It is one hell of a wheelie machine! I try to ride both bikes every couple of weeks, we actually have perfect riding weather now, we are just to busy for me to ride much. Not to mention, no one local really wants to ride with me. Sorry to hear about the health issues, will pray for healing and comfort.

Still here too, although I have slowed down "restoring" the 80's muscle bikes, simply because the market sucks right now and I can't find the same deals I did down in Texas, up here in Kentucky. Seems like everybody wants way too much for their rusted out projects, and once restored, nobody wants to buy them. I went from restoring 10 bikes a year down there to maybe 1 or 2 up here, and haven't restored a 1st generation VMAX for several years now. Still have my 2015 VMAX and it will be the very last bike I sell, but the number of guys into these old VMAX's is really dwindling, I've noticed it on the V4 MuscleBike forum and the Facebook pages. We're all just getting old and the younger generation is not following in our footsteps.

Sorry to hear about business dropping off, that sucks. Hopefuly it picks back up for you. I live where cruisers are very very popular and I have yet to see another 1st gen on the road anywhere local. There seems to still be quite a bit of traffic here and I see quite a lot on the Venture forum too, it's not dead just yet.

I have been super busy lately with work, helping a friend construct a big garage and finish repairs on my hunting truck. On top of that it's hunting season here as well but that has suffered quite a bit with little time to prepare complicated with truck issues.
Trying to get on here as much as possible but clearly not enough for my liking. I will be adding another Yamaha to the stable in the spring, but will retain Redbone for a task she was built for which is hooliganism. The Vmax is a bike that is
a lot of fun for it's owner with a low buy-in and still plentiful parts available make for a lot of fun with reasonable financial investment. Sure you can customize it to whatever your imagination has in mind, and you will see many fine
examples from mild to wild on these pages, but the point of owning a Vmax is that it is just plain FAST FUN!

I check in pretty offen , building a car now and working a lot of OT. Bikes will probably be a memory in a few more years. I still get an occasional email from someone looking for a MAXGASSER , maybe someday .....................

Back