Where have all our Vmax Brothers gone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode my 06 to the parts store yesterday to get something for my Ford F-250. I was getting off my bike to go into the store and a guy got out next to my space and said "Wow...what kind of bike is that?" I told him and he said that it looks like the perfect bike to ride comfortable and looks fast too. He had never heard of the Vmax even though he had a couple of Yamaha bikes in the past. He couldn't stop asking questions as he followed me into the store and then forgot what he had come to get, lol! These are the times I enjoy the enthusiasm people have in figuring out what it is about. He said he was going home to do some internet surfing and wanted to start riding again. When I left the store he was sitting in his car looking over at the bike and said he just wanted to hear it leave the parking lot. How funny! Never know but he may be surfing this forum soon!! :eusa_dance:

Always a good idea to mention the forum, even writing it down so someone can use it as a reference. Today's 600 supersport may be faster but who's gonna recall that bike in 30+ years? We have 'staying power.' :punk:

Rode my 06 to the parts store yesterday to get something for my Ford F-250. I was getting off my bike to go into the store and a guy got out next to my space and said "Wow...what kind of bike is that?" I told him and he said that it looks like the perfect bike to ride comfortable and looks fast too. He had never heard of the Vmax even though he had a couple of Yamaha bikes in the past. He couldn't stop asking questions as he followed me into the store and then forgot what he had come to get, lol! These are the times I enjoy the enthusiasm people have in figuring out what it is about. He said he was going home to do some internet surfing and wanted to start riding again. When I left the store he was sitting in his car looking over at the bike and said he just wanted to hear it leave the parking lot. How funny! Never know but he may be surfing this forum soon!! :eusa_dance:

Still here. Limping a bit due to arthritis , bersitis and tendonitis in my hip , but still ride ( for now ) at least once a week , and check in to the site 3-4 times a week. No return signs of cancer from last treatments 2 & 1/2 years ago , but ramifications of the radiation and chemo treatments still exist and always will . It may be getting closer for me at 70 to be thinking more about 4 wheels than 2 , but I'm gonna fight it as long as I can keep the Max up and shiney. Just can't or haven't given much thought to 3 wheels yet.

3 Wheels Would Suck. I've had a lot of brothers who have gone that direction and say it's not even close to being the same. I too am reaching the end of my riding days. Many injuries from 5 totaled motor vehicle accidents have taken a huge toll on my body. Not My Fault. I have a Mustang GT now and get my Need For Speed with that. I still ride but mainly short rides to keep the 3 bikes running. I guess everyone will go through this some someday. Sooner than later.:bang head:

Still here. Limping a bit due to arthritis , bersitis and tendonitis in my hip , but still ride ( for now ) at least once a week , and check in to the site 3-4 times a week. No return signs of cancer from last treatments 2 & 1/2 years ago , but ramifications of the radiation and chemo treatments still exist and always will . It may be getting closer for me at 70 to be thinking more about 4 wheels than 2 , but I'm gonna fight it as long as I can keep the Max up and shiney. Just can't or haven't given much thought to 3 wheels yet.

It's sobering to know that everyone here at some point will have to get off the bike if we're lucky enough to live that long. I'm not thinking I could do 3 wheels, there are some pretty awkward looking creations out there.

I'm glad you had some success with the treatment. When two wheels dont make sense anymore then maybe a Z4 M Roadster would help take away some of that sting of no more bike. :punk:

People like Rollie, Dave, and even Dannymax are my heroes. I know that Danny is 70+ and will be as active as long as he can be.

I just hope that I can be as active later on in life.

Just sent up a new topic / tech post - then I saw this one ... which made me think maybe I should direct my question at one of the Vmax Facebook groups so guilty of that but hopefully I get solution ideas to the issue here first because even tho I had to semi-retire my Vmax (over 150,000 miles on her now) I am still here too and would like to keep it shredding tires into (both our) old age.

It's sobering to know that everyone here at some point will have to get off the bike if we're lucky enough to live that long. I'm not thinking I could do 3 wheels, there are some pretty awkward looking creations out there.

I'm glad you had some success with the treatment. When two wheels dont make sense anymore then maybe a Z4 M Roadster would help take away some of that sting of no more bike. :punk:

I bought this '56 in a number of baskets years ago and contracted with the Vette Shop in Richmond to get it road ready. I left town and moved to Atlanta , married , settled down raised a family and generally kept in touch , sending money for parts and labor , etc. The owner died last year with the car still in pieces. His sons told me to move the car and I had one week to pick it up. Sooooo , basically starting over , but still have a good base to work on . Someday.....

Attachments

• '56 Corvette With Trouble   7.jpg
    '56 Corvette With Trouble 7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 23
I bought this '56 in a number of baskets years ago and contracted with the Vette Shop in Richmond to get it road ready. I left town and moved to Atlanta , married , settled down raised a family and generally kept in touch , sending money for parts and labor , etc. The owner died last year with the car still in pieces. His sons told me to move the car and I had one week to pick it up. Sooooo , basically starting over , but still have a good base to work on . Someday.....

Is the cat for sale? Lol

Is the cat for sale? Lol

Sorry No. Trouble brings me squirrels , chip munks , rodents of all flavors ( he insists I try a bite of all he brings ). runs off other cats and some dogs , weighs about 20 lbs , and loves to sit in my lap at night and purr. He's a keeper.

Hey to everyone. I just might be the newest member of the Vmax community and to this forum. I recently took ownership of an 88' with 34,400 miles. Pretty sure I am the 3rd owner.
Not sure what mods other than the super trap slip ons have been done. This is my 5th bike, second Yamaha. My first street bike at age 16 was a Yamaha Vision. After bouncing back and forth from Honda to Suzuki here I am back where I started.
Anyway I look forward to many v boost stories to share and by the looks of things there is plenty of help right here should I ever need assistance.

John

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

I thought about this thread and wondered if it would go over well before I posted it. Interesting stories have come out, so I'm glad I did it.:biglaugh:

haven't been on here lately. Bike is put away, ...snow on the ground. Now my snowblower sits where my bike did LOL ! I tend to get into the Fire Arms Forums in the winter & do a bunch of buying and selling. I also went out Yote hunting & got this guy. Now he's a rug, LOL.
coyoteeee%20001_zpsljvemmhl.jpg

I am still here. Been doing house and garage projects, and occasionally taking a ride on the Max. I take it to work whenever it's dry and not too cool (which is about 95% of the time :biglaugh:).

The great thing about a Max for me is it's ALMOST as much fun to look at as it is to ride - the style, the motor, the scoops. To have in my garage what I used to have on a poster on my wall as a teen is just too cool.

Hey to everyone. I just might be the newest member of the Vmax community and to this forum. I recently took ownership of an 88' with 34,400 miles. Pretty sure I am the 3rd owner.
Not sure what mods other than the super trap slip ons have been done. This is my 5th bike, second Yamaha. My first street bike at age 16 was a Yamaha Vision. After bouncing back and forth from Honda to Suzuki here I am back where I started.
Anyway I look forward to many v boost stories to share and by the looks of things there is plenty of help right here should I ever need assistance.

John

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Hey Crazemax88, welcome to the forum!

People like Rollie, Dave, and even Dannymax are my heroes. I know that Danny is 70+ and will be as active as long as he can be.

I just hope that I can be as active later on in life.

+1, inspiration from here, from them all. Dannymax has serious seat time on the vmax and many other bikes. He's still rolling strong as we can attest to after meeting up last summer. Great time.

Last edited:
I remember when i first got my max,It came in on a truck.The well had wiring problems ,So i stayed with it till i fixed it.Wife said honey it's here!I came straight outta the lil wellhouse straight to it! I believe it was the most beautiful bike i have ever owned.Through the years me and the max had some great times,And a couple of scary one's too.That's life.And to me life is about making the best of it period,We only live once,I have meant some of the best guy's on here that could ever be.Went through good times and bad,I have lost friends and family through the years.I just don't want to waste life.Looking back when i was young,I took it for granted.Not anymore!Never got rich,Just made a living.Hope this forum lasts a long time.If you look at the world like it is your last day's,What would you do?My answer is live love dream and hope.Bless you all.Poppop

Back