Anyone interested in doing an oil analysis?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested in getting an oil analysis done on their Vmax or vehicle. Blackstone Labs has bulk prepaid deals; 6 samples done for $22, vs the $28 for single samples. I currently have 2 samples that need to go out, but was thinking if anyone would be interested in getting in on a bulk program.

The samples don't have to be sent out immediately, you could reserve a spot for your next upcoming oil change interval.

Yea, I've used them before and have some sample bottles remaining. They do give a nice report.

Sounds like it might be interesting to know. I've always based my changes on mileage rather than time. Over 60 vehicles have been done this way. Haven't got any samples as nothing is close to the 3,000 miles for Dino Oil or 5,000 for Synthetic though.

5K in a conventional vehicle, on syn? I run one of my vehicles to 18K on full syn, all because of Blackstone. Been doing it for almost 100K, and the vehicle has 175K on it.

So are you guys in?

5K in a conventional vehicle, on syn? I run one of my vehicles to 18K on full syn, all because of Blackstone. Been doing it for almost 100K, and the vehicle has 175K on it.

So are you guys in?

I've always had my suspicions about oils. That their good for longer than advertised.
I'd be in but don't know when somethings going to be close to needing an oil change.
I drive 7 vehicles myself. You ever get up around Tampa Bay Area? I'm getting old and don't travel longer distances any more.

I've got two bikes that are ready for changes now. I might be interested. I'll try to keep a bit separate when I drain.

You are supposed to let the drain start and then capture fluid between it starting to drain and finishing up. Keep that in mind.

I drive 7 vehicles myself. You ever get up around Tampa Bay Area? I'm getting old and don't travel longer distances any more.

You could always keep a spot reserved for later, or if you have a vehicle that you want to know now, pull some oil out through the dipstick.

The only time I ever head over that way is to go to Manatee for some distance plinking. Although if someone was heading out that way and wanted a riding companion I'd probably be up for it.

Back