VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Memphis Shades Classic Deuce or Demon

I have a Mamphis Shade Hellcat - very good quality - no movement/vibration up to 120 mph - great coverage too!

Only problem with mine and it looks like both of the ones your looking at, are that the signal lights will need to be relocated.

Mike

I have a Mamphis Shade Hellcat - very good quality - no movement/vibration up to 120 mph - great coverage too!

Only problem with mine and it looks like both of the ones your looking at, are that the signal lights will need to be relocated.

Mike

I look at your album pic quite often Mike...I like the Hellcat too. Not good news on the signal lights tho....they didn't mention THAT!!

How about noise? Is the Hellcat pretty quiet?

I have the windshield and hardware that came with my bike......I don't know what it is.....

If you can figure out a way to transport it.......or mount it to your bike at the Pizza Run.....I'll give it to ya.....
:clapping:

I have the windshield and hardware that came with my bike......I don't know what it is.....

If you can figure out a way to transport it.......or mount it to your bike at the Pizza Run.....I'll give it to ya.....
:clapping:

That's a hell of an offer Kyle...thanks!! But, I just got off the phone with Gary McCoy, he gave me a hell of a price on a 'Classic Deuce' so I went for it.

That's a hell of an offer Kyle...thanks!! But, I just got off the phone with Gary McCoy, he gave me a hell of a price on a 'Classic Deuce' so I went for it.

COOL!!!!!!:clapping:

I HATE the look windshields......:damn angry:

That is why I have never ridden a bike with a windshield......I'd probably like it too much:biglaugh:

That is why I have never ridden a bike with a windshield......I'd probably like it too much:biglaugh:

Got a shit back! :bang head:

Can't fight the wind any more....I like my little fly screen on the '99 but it just don't block jack!

LOL

I've always said I'd sell it before I put a shield on it. It's bad enough I have to put a sissy bar on it when SWMBO is on it with me.

Chris
Sitting up and taking it like a man...

LOL

I've always said I'd sell it before I put a shield on it. It's bad enough I have to put a sissy bar on it when SWMBO is on it with me.

Chris

I gotta get me a stock grab bar......I have the sissy bar on it now and I HATE it......the wife is convinced that she is going to go for a ride on the back and won't let me get rid of it...........

I'll change it out some day and see if she notices:biglaugh:

those sissybars are worth some coin.

LOL

Chris
.....1500 miles per year only on clear, sunny and dry weather days...:rofl_200:
j/k Chris! I know what you went through to get your bike back on the road after your mishap.

those sissybars are worth some coin.

Yeah.....I am going to keep the sissy bar.....just in case.......but I really hate the look of it.....:damn angry:

Hell I don't even have 200 on it this year. Been WAY to busy with the wedding, flipping my fiance's house and putting the bike back together.

BAD M/C year. Hell I didn't even take my SV out of storage!

UGH!

That's why I went with the HAC unit. Back to stock look in no time.

Chris

Hell I don't even have 200 on it this year. Been WAY to busy with the wedding, flipping my fiance's house and putting the bike back together.

BAD M/C year. Hell I didn't even take my SV out of storage!

UGH!

That's why I went with the HAC unit. Back to stock look in no time.

Chris

What is this HAC unit you speak of?????:ummm:

hey kyle, what color is your bike? i've seen them powdercoated black and it REALLY helps the ugly factor, blends in with the bike better.

I look at your album pic quite often Mike...I like the Hellcat too. Not good news on the signal lights tho....they didn't mention THAT!!

How about noise? Is the Hellcat pretty quiet?

Hey Danny, if you look at the application chart for the classic deuce windshield on the Memphis Shade website, it doesn't list the vmax, but does list a Virago and states that it requires signal light relocation kit.

I use aftermarket signal light relocators for a Harley. They clamp around the fork tubes - a little screwing around with a dremel and they fit no problem.

As far as noise, no issue with the Hellcat.

Mike

I took my windshield off for a while as I wasn't riding much highway and it was so hot here. I didn't like it much. Only nice thing was helmet ventilation was better, other than that it was just a constant pain in the neck. I guess I just ride too fast.. At least I can hear any headlight buzz LOL

We did have a Memphis Shades thread recently, showing one I'd like to try on - the Bladerunner. It did look good in that pic on a Max, even if blinkers needed relocation. Good to know that Gary McCoy can get them too!

Hey Danny, if you look at the application chart for the classic deuce windshield on the Memphis Shade website, it doesn't list the vmax, but does list a Virago and states that it requires signal light relocation kit.

I use aftermarket signal light relocators for a Harley. They clamp around the fork tubes - a little screwing around with a dremel and they fit no problem.

As far as noise, no issue with the Hellcat.

Mike

Hey Mike, didn't see anything about the Hellfire needing the relocation
kit, bummer ! Do they offer one or do you just have to find one and
modify it like you did ? Also did you ever get a chance to take some
pics of your bike with the lrg bags ?
Chris

Well, we'll find out pretty soon what the deal is, I called tech support at Dennis Kirk and the guy said the shields would fit the max without moving the directionals! Actually, I don't believe him, but Maxcruiser sent me the link on the HD fork clamps and I got a nice Plan 'B.' :biglaugh:

So after the tech guy, I called Gary McCoy and he sells them, had one in stock and was going to check it to make sure it's perfect, and send it right out. As usual his price was a good bit better than anyone else's...he sure is a hell of a good guy to deal with.

Bottom line, I'm hoping to have it here and installed on the '99 by the end of next week!!

I had my mini windshield off for a couple weeks earlier this summer and decided to put it back on. Aside from having to clean the bugs off my faceshield every 50 miles so it wouldn't affect my vision, I didn't like the wind blast at speeds above 120 (at the track...). I'm sure Mike (Maxcruiser) can attest to the mess bugs cause on even a short ride up here in the woods.
That windshield looks good Danny! If your's turns out like Mikes I'm sure you will be very happy. My next bike is going to be a FJR and I will definatly will be enjoying miles behind it's full touring fairing. I will have a sign on the license plate proudly stating "My other bike is a VMAX!"

Latest posts

Back