your first bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first one was a yz125, no pic to add but you all know what it looks like lol

A black and silver 1968 Honda 125 ss just like this one in 1969. My dad had actually bought the bike for himself but liked to drink a lot so the first time he ran it in a ditch and scraped himself up he was done with motorcycles.He was going to sell it but my brother and I talked him into letting us ride it. I was 15 my brother was 13 and we rode this bike everywhere. Some great memories from that little Honda. Mike
ss125a.jpg

i started with a single cylinder suzuki savage ls 650. top speed 135 kph. rode the bike everywhere. wasnt fast enough to get me in trouble.

the max is my second.

Have you seen the kits they have for Savages to make cafe racers out of em? They look pretty good as cafe jobs.

"Hi, I'm Max, and I have a problem."

"(chorus) "Hi, Max!"

"I always tackle more than I can handle. When I was a kid I always played with the kids older than me. As I got older, I went into the Marines, and despite what everyone told me, I kept volunteering for everything. I ended-up having to do a lot of stuff I didn't have to, but after awhile, people left me alone. One guy who was always in trouble, Bubba Zanetti, said I was more-crazy than he was! Eventually I left the service, and with my pay I bought a bike. Here's a picture of it. I don't know anything about bikes, but the guy who sold it to me said, "this is a good one to learn to ride on, if you can ride this, you can ride anything!" So, here's a pic of my bike!"

Attachments

• busa turbo_2011_10_29.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 19
"Hi, it's Max again. I decided to trade the starter bike on another one. This needed some work done to it, something about 'extra propellant,' not quite sure what that means. I was told when I fill the gas tank, I also have a blue bottle I am supposed to fill. I'm having trouble finding the stuff for the blue bottle, but when I do get it filled, my bike seems to like it!"

Attachments

• NOS VMax_2011_10_29.zip
    151.1 KB · Views: 12
Have you seen the kits they have for Savages to make cafe racers out of em? They look pretty good as cafe jobs.

Yea they do look kewl. That bike was a rough rixing bike. Vibrated like a bitch and was slow. Single disk brake in the front drum in the rear. handled like shit. But it was fun at the time. You could turn the idle town so low that you could almost set it to the second hand on your watch. That was neat.

Peace,
Evan....

My first bike was a child killing thing that my dad invented. It was made out of angle iron and all thread with 24" bicycle wheels and a 15hp briggs and stratton screwed to it. I swear to god that man was trying to kill me.
My first real machine was a US90 Honda atc and again that thing almost killed me!!
My first street machine was a 1979 Honda C90 Passport
then
Yamaha YZ80
Suzuki TS185
Yamaha YZ490
Honda CB450SS
Honda CB750SS
If I ran every bike I have ever owned I would use up another page. hahaha I dont have a wife remember?! so my love of motorcycles has never really been hindered for long.
I can honestly say when somebody asks me "How many dream bikes have you owned?" I can look them right in the eye and say ALL of them and not feel guilty at all.

First bike was a 78' Honda XL125
Then, 76' CR125 Elsinore
88' KX125
96' KX125
82' Honda Magna V45
07' KX250
96' Honda Magna
97' Vmax
...you can see where this is going. I love the V-4!!

Had numerous "Project bikes" 3 cyl. 2-stroke kawasaki street bikes, Goldwing stripped of the fairing, etc. Didn't have them long.

The only surviving picture of my beloved '77 CB750K. Bought in 1978 and had the bike 8 years. Except for the seat, this photo is before the mod monkey really kicked in.

Yeah, even in those days ...

The second photo is the bike a few years later (in the background) with my '73 Bonneville in front:

Attachments

• img104.jpg
    img104.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 10
  • img100.jpg
    img100.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 7
The only surviving picture of my beloved '77 CB750K. Bought in 1978 and had the bike 8 years. Except for the seat, this photo is before the mod monkey really kicked in.

Yeah, even in those days ...

The second photo is the bike a few years later (in the background) with my '73 Bonneville in front:

Yeah, the K bikes really changed motorcycling. I recall when the biggest Homda was a 305. (I have a Superhawk and a '76 K 750). That was when Honda was racing in Formula 1 & they had a 12 cyl. When others were campaigning 4's & 8's, only Honda had a 12 cyl. BRM did try a 16 cyl. But it was not successful, too-complicated & too-much friction w/no real benefit from the additional cyl's. I saw all of those running at Watkins Glen NY in the 1960's at the USGP F1 races. Interestingly, the engine that Brabham and BRM ran in the early part of the 1.5 litre engine F1 formula was a Coventry Climax 4 cyl. which was originally a 1 litre stationary engine used by the London Fire Brigade, and then developed for use as a racing engine. Today, of course there are many motorcycles larger than that.

Latest posts

Back