Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just curious of why you picked Zanotti's ( it's a local dealer just north of Pgh ) from all the way down in Fla. I've bought a few oem gaskets from them but mostly just because of convienence. I can't imagine them being great for prices seeing that their mainly a Harley dealer. They do sell some Yamaha but not much.:ummm:
On the contrary CustomMax, they have one of the better shipping costs and they have been able to supply all of the Yami parts that I've needed to date since I discovered them. lately my tight fists have relinquished my cash to ronayers. i cost out the prices+shipping between ronayers and zanotti using different combinations of line items and go with the cheapest--on the rare occassion splitting my needs into different orders (one from ronayers, one from zanotti)

Here's the latest distribution:
attachment.php

Attachments

• distribution.JPG
    distribution.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 208
That histogram is a perfect example of the bell curve. W/o doing the calculations, I probably fall one standard deviation above the mean.

What isn't good for the industry is that the age of riders apparently is getting older. Another thing I have noticed is that you have more gun magazines for sale in your local convenience store than you do general-interest motorcycling magazines. Neither is a good sign for the future.

The way I see it I could've bought a Busa or ZX-14 and went way faster in the end but then I'd be just like anyone else around here... One of my best friends has a 9 second ZX-12 and another of my friends has a low 8 second turbo'd Busa but whenever we are riding I get more compliments because my Vmax is different, its all in what you want to do... Ohh yea, I also only have about $6500 total into my bike including purchase price with all the mods I'm doing this winter, sure I might get beat by a stock Busa but they are gonna have to be light and know how to ride ;-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Can't remember if I posted here before...
Then again at my age, I'm lucky to be able to find my dick in my pants. :rofl_200:

Apparently I'm 41, but that's in people years.

Wow! Christmas 2011 till last comment. Well bought 2002 VMAX yesterday and seemed like I had been riding this bike for years. Last bike 2007 Hayabusa.
I'm 64. Put 130 miles last two days. Hadn't rode a bike in 10 years. I've had 9-10 bikes in my life Honda 90,Honda 450,Triump 650, Norton 850, Suzuki 1000, suzuki 1100,
Suzuki 1300R, the Hayabusa.(and others). This VMAX sounds and runs like the triump
650 I had, very quick, just more power. Yes I will try to make this faster, if I can.
Happy with the set-up-and-ride. Seems to corner well. I'm happy.

That make feel very old. I’m in the tiny 70+ age group. I bought my first Vmax in 1985 (new) and have had three since. And, oh yeah, even a gen 2 is getting some upgrades

2018 MATTE BLACK, I’m 31 and while I want an ADV bike really badly, <probably a KLR 650>, I think I finally found a bike that I will own for life. Or at least until they make a Gen III. And I expect the Gen III to be similar to the bike in the new Hobbs Shaw movie, or to fly.

2002 carbon too many mods to list, just installed cops todays. I’m 59 and still enjoy leaving crouch rockets wondering what just happened...

I'm 58, and still modifying my '92. Not much left on her that has'nt been swopped out or modified. I'll keep this one. Got a RnineT for playtime.

Last edited:
57 in just over a week, 91 model with too many rust spots to list but I'm working on deleting them

I'm 67. Just sold my last Vmax. I had 2 bikes 89 (Skullduggery) 94 (Strafer). I had major back surgery early this year and the Vmax's were a little bit heavy.See my Albums. I still have a Full On 05 Sportster. It's like a Bicycle. Doesn't mean I don't still Love Vmax's and everyone here, Your My Brothers and Sisters..

I'm 64, just bought my first VMax (an '09, taking my lifetime total to 66). I currently own 8 bikes. Loving the VMax; just ordered an ECU reflash from Gurued Gears

I'm 72 and just bought my first Vmax, a '97. I've been riding street bikes since 1963 and this Vmax is my favorite.

Turning 50 in a couple of weeks. Picked up my '98 Vmax late last year. It's my 3rd bike. Still have my '99 R6, for the twisties & track days. The max is more comfortable on longer rides and I love the sound.

Latest posts

Back