What does everyone wear for helmets?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok cool. Seems like most go with the full face. I wear HJC IS-16 scratch. I do find it noisy though... Its quieter with the shield up...Dont know how thats possible. The only thing I don't care for is its red and my max is mostly black. Can't complain though, the g/f bought it for me for my birthday..

hjc full face 99.9% of the time
Same, 99.99%.

Was at a charity run some years back and a harley guy explains to me that he started to wear one after a buddy of his had a medium speed spill, was knocked unconscious, and had his face ground away to the extent that it exposed his sinus cavity. Mentioned he never knew that you could walk around day to day like that.

WOW.

Scorpion EXO700 full face all the time.

One night some years back I was driving in my Bronco at night and a rock the size of a ball joint hit my windsheild and almost took me out. I would not want something like that to connect with my skull or face while riding. I have had 2 cigarettes flicked into my face sheild at speed not to mention large bugs, a bat and a small bird. I guess I just like my face too much to ride with half a hat or none at all.

I saw a guy at Union Grove dragstrip who had wiped out with a bucket helmet on his Harley years before. I could not imagine living with that type of deformation. I believe a full face would have done a better job protecting his lower and middle face. My skin still crawls when I think about that dude.

Shoei RF-1000. My wife wears the same, it is a laminated design and can absorb an impact better than a polycarbonate helmet. I had a close friend ask me how much my head was worth once...

Scorpion EXO700 full face all the time.

One night some years back I was driving in my Bronco at night and a rock the size of a ball joint hit my windsheild and almost took me out. I would not want something like that to connect with my skull or face while riding. I have had 2 cigarettes flicked into my face sheild at speed not to mention large bugs, a bat and a small bird. I guess I just like my face too much to ride with half a hat or none at all.

I saw a guy at Union Grove dragstrip who had wiped out with a bucket helmet on his Harley years before. I could not imagine living with that type of deformation. I believe a full face would have done a better job protecting his lower and middle face. My skin still crawls when I think about that dude.

Oh,
I have flicked more than two at you that connected. You just weren't paying attention.

Ever wonder where those butts in your jacket come from when you get home after riding with me???

EXO 900 Modular

Like it a lot at low speeds & stopped at lights . :clapping:

Attachments

• exo900blk-large.jpg
    exo900blk-large.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
Shoei RF-1000

Comfortable but not terribly quiet.

Shoei_RF-1000_Camino_Helmet_Black-Grey_detail.jpg

Bell Strafer, not high quality but comfortable, breaths well and it matches the bike.

Attachments

• Strafer 1.jpg
    Strafer 1.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 16
I used an matt black Icon domain (full face) but it was tight and was getting neck pain.
I went for a glossy black Shoei Multitec (modular) and i'm pretty happy.

Well... mine, both matte black with dark visors:

Craft RX9 Barracuda

rxxmattblack-halb-9-9jpg_big.jpg

Draxtar P-104

ShowImage.aspx

" COP RUNNER SPECIAL " .. One off

Attachments

• 100_1172.jpg
    100_1172.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1165.jpg
    100_1165.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
I run a Joe Rocket Carbon Fiber helmet and LOVE IT! It's made by HJC and fits like one too.

Light as hell and quiet.

Chris

I like the HJC armor plating look. But I'm a screw ball.:biglaugh: Coprunner likes the midevil death helmet look...He's a screw ball too. Groovy!

Attachments

• helmet 003.jpg
    helmet 003.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
  • helmet 004.jpg
    helmet 004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
  • helmet 009.jpg
    helmet 009.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back