Finally ready !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arjan

Reaction score
Well... it took some time... actually, it took the whole summer, but my bike is finally ready ! Too bad I'm not gifted with the knowledge, tools, space, skills and TIME (to find out) to do it all by myself, so I gave my baby to Rene Bruinsma from Perfect Dream Bikes in the Netherlands to do the job. It is pretty obvious that I slashed through my savings with this project, but hey... this is why I saved it for :rofl_200:

Lot has been done, but some highlights are:
  • 240 steel braced and chromed rear swingarm with polished widened original wheel (I liked it too much to switch for another style wheel)
  • polished shaft-drive rearset
  • White Power shocks with CNC polished reservoir covers
  • all brakes modified
  • seat lowered and re-covered
  • USD front (GSX750) with Fat Legs conversion
  • new headlight with custom CNC mounts
  • Rizoma grips and mirror - Vapor digital tacho and new risers
During this project which started with the rear, I ran into some very nice offers I couldn't refuse and the result is that I had all the work done that was meant to be done in the next 3-5 years... :biglaugh:

When I win the jackpot, I intent to build-in a NOS system with a polished bottle half-sunken in the dummy and a jet-kit. By then I think I've fullfilled my Vmax-mission... :worthy:

...do... do I hear a monkey ??...:punk:

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Nice, would like to see more of the rear wheel and arm work. I also like the frame braces. Got a customer that would like to have a pair.
Sean

That's really a Sweet Ride... The Monkey really got a hold on you.

NICE! If my 07 had looked like that I never would have bought the 09 :) There's a LOT of work done there.. Excellent job too ! :)

Hi, thank you all for your comments.

My bike is a '99 which had, when I bought it in 2009, only about 8000km on it. I was really lucky I ran into it, because it was in mint condition. Even Rene Bruinsma, my builder, said it was a joy to work on a bike like this. Every screw came lose like it should, everything was pretty clean and up to par. So again, I consider myself lucky with it.

The rear part, Sean, is custom made by Rene and his contacts and for sale with him. I especially like this design, because I originally fancied an OTEC CNC 240 rear, but that would have put me back way more than this one, which actually came from Rene's own showbike (www.perfectdreambikes.nl but the website is not completely up to date due to some hosting/design circumstances). It gives the bike just that bit of agressiveness to fit it.

...and yeah... that damn primate...

:rofl_200:

Attachments

• perfect dream bikes.jpg
    perfect dream bikes.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Perfect dream bikes has some nice prep on youtube if I remember.

I really like that 240 and the swingarm, doesn't look too bulky but just perfect.
Not sure how it handles but I guess it shouldn't be bad at all ;)

Congrats man !!!

I'm not the 'knee-on-the-ground' type of guy, but in my opinion the bike handles fine. Of course this can also be attributed to the USD-front and high-quality adjustable WP-shocks.

When I was deciding to rebuild the swingarm and wheel, it was just as easy to choose a 280 or bigger size. But for me the 240 was really what I wanted. It is fat, but just not too much to be beautiful... although beauty of course lies in the eye of the beholder... :Glasses:

is that a one-off arm or a modified stock?

Looks great man! You should be proud!

Chris

Oh believe me... I am !! :clapping:

The swingarm is a modified stock arm. The nice thing about it, is that it was only necessary to put a 1/2 inch extension plate on it on the drive-shaft side of the arm. On the 4th and 6th picture you can see the slightly darker vertical line (= not shadow) at the bold-on section. Often those swingarms get an 2 or 3" (or more) inch extension when you go widening them for the bigger wheels. Pretty nice for dragracing, but I like the compacter look more and don't race the bike : )

Tasty!

Only thing Id change would be a lower seat. Short legs I got. and better lines.

Latest posts

Back