Vmax color photo album

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does custom paint count? matte black 2003 fenders with custom faux tank paint.

Attachments

• custom+paint+018.jpg
    custom+paint+018.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 74
Lol. I got a '94 Apple Quicktake 100 at home, the first colour digital camera available for under $10 000. :rofl_200:

I lost the Windows software somehow.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2023689_2023773_2023615,00.html

When I bought mine, I was working for ARCO at the time. 24-years-old and money burning a hole in my pocket. It was by far the most stupid thing I have ever bought. If I could go back in time, I would kick my own ass. I could have had me a sweet little ride for what I paid for the camera and a 486-33 computer.

Kind of curious what all the color schemes the Vmax came in look like. From what I've heard it came in a different setup every year with no two years identical (except for 06/07). The paint color varied, wheel color, scoop color, side cover finish, and exhaust finish.

I found this in an old post by Sean

1985 - 2 colors to pick from - Burgundy or a kind of Purple
1986 - Maroon
1987 - ask the Canada guys
1988/1989 - Red with Black Scoops
1990 - "Shiny Black" which is actually black with blue metal flake in it (very beautiful color)
1991 - Metallic Black (black with silver flake)
1992 - Metallic Red (darker red - probably the nicest looking color scheme)
1993 - Purplish Blue
1994 - Metallic Yellow
1995 - Orangish Red
1996 - Black or Silver?
1997 - Black or Silver?
1998 - Black
1999-2002 Carbon Fiber
2003-2004 Flat Black with silver stripes
2005 - Metallic Red with Flames (lid is very expensive)
2006/2007 - Black with Red Flames (lid is very expensive)

I suspect between all the people here every year is represented at least once.....post a picture of your bike and it's year...get a "family photo album" going here!

Here are the colors according to colorrite.com (only goes back to 1990 for Yamaha)

'90- "Shiny Black"
'91- "Black Metallic #2"
'92- "Red E-Sparkle"
'93- "Very Dark Violet Cocktail #1"
'94- "Reddish Yellow Cocktail #1"
'95- "Fire Red" and/or? "Very Dark Violet Cocktail #1"
'96- "Black #2"
'97- "New Dust Silver" and "Yamaha Black" (wheels)
'98- "Black #2"
'99- '02 - "Yamaha Black" (probably the color underneath the carbon-look overlay?)
'03- "Matte Metallic Black #2
'04- "Matte Metallic Black #2" with "Silver" for wheels
'05- "Deep Red Metallic K", "Matte Black Metallic #2" , "Yamaha Black" (wheels) and "Heat Red" (wheel stripe)
'06/07- "Yamaha Black", "Deep Red Metallic K" (flames), "Matte Black Metallic #2"(engine/frame), and "Low Gloss Black" (wheels)

No green & No blue?

I have a Sony Mavica that dumps right to a floppy disc. Still works, still nice pictures, probably couldn't even give it away now!

Motorcycle :: 1992 :: Street :: Yamaha :: V-Max
Click on a part number below to select a product to see available options.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure proper color matching, some of the colors require a base color. If your color does, it will be listed under "ColorRite Base".
table.color { border-color: #EEEEEE; border-style: solid;margin-top: 1em;margin-bottom: 2em;margin-left: 25px;margin-right: auto;width: 590px;} td.color { border-color: #EEEEEE; border-style: solid; }CodePaint Name CommentColor ChipColorRite TopColorRite Base00MV Red-E Sparkle (RES) 5480

The color chip is not the actual color, it is a simulation! Here's a shot of my bike shortly after I bought it in 1993, a 1992 model w/1700 mi on it. The other shot is from around Christmas 2011/Jan. 2012 after I put it back on the road after a prolonged layoff.

Attachments

• 1992 V Max at Ken's.jpg
    1992 V Max at Ken's.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 80
  • L-3080 Christmas_bike 027.jpg
    L-3080 Christmas_bike 027.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80
I have a Sony Mavica that dumps right to a floppy disc. Still works, still nice pictures, probably couldn't even give it away now!

I have one, a model FD-93 I think it is. Had it since new. For it's time it took decent pics, now a smartphone has 5 times+ its resolution!

I was looking for a floppy to post-up one of the pics, but my pc floppy drive, which I rarely use, isn't reporting for work. :confused2:

My dad used to have one of them, I thought it was pretty cool at the time. He liked it cause the batteries from his sony cam-corder would fit it too and the convenience of saving to a floppy disc.

The insurance adjuster that came to look at my bike had one of those Mavica floppy-disk cameras....I asked him why, as an adjuster (who takes zillions of pictures every day) he had such an old digital camera.

Said he could have requested a fancy new one at any time(they had a $1000 allowance for a camera), but he liked this one because the resolution photos it took were suitable for his needs, and he didn't need to have 10 different external hard drives to hold all the pictures from his cases. Which I guess makes sense.

My last two computers didn't even have floppy drives, though oddly enough my current laptop has a serial port and infrared eye. Pretty sure the only time I've used infrared was on my Game Boy color to trade pokemon. I have no idea what you'd use it for on a pc.

We have a box of those at work. EVERY one of our crew truck had one 12 years ago. We have to take pictures to document all or our constuction. We still have a few old mavicas in use that are a little newer than that. They have a slider button to choose between floppy or memory stick. Those ones are maybe 10 years old??? Still going strong.

Its SOOO nice now, though. With the abiltity of todays camera phones and texting, etc.... I just got off the phone a couple minutes ago. I have two crews working maintenance window hrs (10pm-5am) doing DC wiring in some switches. They were doing an audit on one site, reading me the info over the phone as I type it into a spreadsheet. They came upon something quesitionable. Sent me a photo to my phone as we were talking, I can view the pic and we can discuss the issue. I couldn't have imagined doing this a few years ago. AWESOME!

This is my 85 the day I unloaded it, I was told this is an original color.
I just don't know what to call it, metallic bluish-purple?
The parts are all repainted now but during prep there was'nt
any other color under what's shown.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 79
The color is secondary on a Max...the bike has a once in a lifetime profile with that scoop and backstop seat , along with the larger back tire...:punk:

It's motorcycling's equivalent of the 5 window 32 Ford Coupe...classic and timeless...it CAN NOT be marginalized...:worthy:

And all this coming from a lowly Harley owner...:eusa_dance:

1986!! Original Paint

Attachments

• 20150520_194551.jpg
    20150520_194551.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20150520_194534.jpg
    20150520_194534.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 48
Back