New VMax Owner - Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2WHEELFREAK

Reaction score
Hello gents. Been looking for a Gen-1 VMax for quite some time. Finally found one that was in very good condition and reasonably priced. Bought a '92 model, red, new Dunlop's, new fork seals, new brakes, Stage 7 kit, Kerker 4/1, drag bars and OEM type sissy bar. I'm not a sissy bar type person, so that will most likely be removed and listed for sale.

Have always wanted a VMax since I first saw the original commercial back on the day! For my high school graduation present (Class 1984) my parents bought me a new '84 Honda V65 Magna. Loved that bike and it was plenty fast for back then. Then I saw the VMax.......have wanted on ever sense. I kept the V65 in perfect condition and finally had an offer for it I couldn't refuse and sold it to a guy from Colorado back in 2000. He was putting the bike on a pedestal inside his home.

When I remove the sissy bar, I'm gonna need that factory OEM piece to go back on the bike. What is that piece called and are they hard to find for sale used, or expensive if ordering from dealer?

Anyway, just thought I would say hello. Look forward to learning all about my VMax here. I'll post up some pics after it arrives. Thanks gents.

Welcome to the Vmax family !! Sissybars belong to harly's :biglaugh: backrest are for Vmax's !! The oem grabrail isn't very hard to find at all from a few people on this forum ... Stay away from dealerships as much as possible

Welcome to the Forum! You got a hell of a machine, respect it. Hope you have many thousands of safe miles, and remember - you don't have to see the oil light to be riding it right.

Thanks guys. The bike is scheduled to arrive sometime Saturday late afternoon. Can't wait!

My other current scoot is a '16 HD Road Glide.

I've had the following bikes over the years:

'84 Honda V65 Magna (new)
'86 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor (new)
'86 Kawasaki Ninja 900 (new)
'88 Suzuki GSXR 750 (new)
'95 Suzuki GSXR 750 (new)
'03 HD Fatboy (new)
'86 Suzuki GSXR 1100 (used/highly modified)
'05 Kawasaki ZX12R (new)
'07 HD Night Train (used)
'08 Kawasaki ZX10R (new)
'16 HD Road Glide (new)
'92 Yamaha VMAX (the used new to me MONSTER)

I know I will have lots of questions about the VMAX. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Latest posts

Back