85 Drag Bike Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But but but.... You're still a kid yourself.... LOL

Awesome news man! Congrats!

Remember what you said... If it's a boy... Christopher...

lol

Chris

Congratulations Jeff, that is wonderful news. Sean is right, get the bike and projects done sooner than later :biglaugh:.
Being a Family man myself, I truly understand.

Thanks guys... I'm pretty pumped, and I know I'll be giving a few things up, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Anyway back to the bike.

I got a few things cleaned up on it. Won't be having time to paint it, so this is how it will be raced this coming weekend. There are quite a few "rig" jobs done on it, but I have checked it over after a few rides and things seem to be holding up pretty well. Please don't make fun of my welds, wiring (thats directed at you Lankee:clapping:), paint, decals, or anything else you might find a little "off".

Attachments

• P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 102
  • P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 98
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010029.jpg
    P1010029.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 104
  • P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 87
  • P1010034.jpg
    P1010034.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 96
Congrats Jeff. You deserve nothing but the best! What goes around comes around! Bike looks awesome btw! I have 3 kids and they are TONS of fun and TONS of work...lol. Make sure you buy that little boy or girl a pw50 as soon as they can walk!

Congrats on the little one Jeff. :punk: I have two boys that drive me up the wall, but I wouldn't give them up for nothing.

Congrats on the bike as well. It has to be a hell of a ride! I wish I could make it to the spring Conesville event to watch it run down the track and drink a beer with you. I guess I will have to see it this fall. I hate myself everyday for selling the Vmax. :bang head:I had sooo much fun racing it last fall. Hungover as hell, we still made it to the strip. Stay on two wheels Jeff!

Bike looks great Jeff, I would love to see some video footage at the track.
I would love to take that thing down the track. so you will have to wear a helmet cam for us.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed with my performance last week, the bike did o.k., but I need to work on my launches! I was at an unprepped concrete track and I couldn't keep the tire from spinning. I had shitty burnouts, so I couldn't get the tire hot (my burnouts kept pushing the bike forward, so I need to work on that as well) I had wheelie bars on, but it was a waste.. never needed them because I couldn't hook up. My best pass was a 6.7 at 112mph. I was really hoping for closer to 120 and lower 6's, but we'll see what it does a a real track. I can tell you right now that this is NOT a good 1/8 mile bike with the way it is set up now. (or it could be the driver:whistlin:)
I need to be launching this thing at or over 6k rpm, I need to get an air shifter, I need to work on clutch control, I would love a two step limiter.... but the important thing is that.....

I won my bracket!!!!!!! First win on the new bike, (first win on any bike actually) I won $50 and a plaque, so I'm happy about that. There were only 2 of us in the bracket, but I still beat him. :rofl_200:

I have lots of things still to work out and work on with this bike, and I'm going to get it to the 1/4 mile track soon and see how it runs there. The turbo pulls like an SOB at the top end of the track so I'm thinking the 1/4 mile will have better results.

Jeff

I have lots of things still to work out and work on with this bike, and I'm going to get it to the 1/4 mile track soon and see how it runs there. The turbo pulls like an SOB at the top end of the track so I'm thinking the 1/4 mile will have better results.

Jeff,
Awesome win on the bracket!

You need to bring your ass over to Byron Dragway. I mapped it for you and it's 175 miles from your place. Not too bad. It is a GREAT track and I know the owner there pretty well. I have tested my Z06, Srt/6, Rocket 3 and several other things as well.

Very good track prep and I guarantee you will NOT spin here! If you do come I will gladly meet you and pay for you to get in and buy you some lunch.

Abe

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much other then I have the frame at my place. The turbo went to cali. He's building an ecotech funny bike now!

So I ended up buying the turbo back and I was going to put it on a Venture project, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen now or not. It would also take a fair amount of modification and I really hate to hack up a perfectly fitting Vmax setup for a venture. With that being said, is anyone interested in buying this turbo system?

Thanks,

Jeff

Latest posts

Back