oil in the coolant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRVMAX

Reaction score
Hi there ..My name is Manny im from Costa Rica....i just rebuilt the engine on my 1995 VMax ..(i bought only original parts) and a couple of weeks after i start riding on it , i found some oil in the coolant tank ...put a new water pump(i thought that was the problem)and clean all the oil out the coolant system....after 2 weeks it happens again.what can i do ..i made a pressure test and it was good ,so i dont think is head gaskets,got new water pump...so what you guys think or know about this ..i will appreciate all comments and advice ....thanks ...

The areas where oil and coolant come into close proximity are the water pump, head gaskets and the coolant/ oil intercooler (a.k.a. 'The pencil Box' - item 50 & 51) located at the base of the V between the cylinders.

picture.php

As you have changed the water pump and pressure tested the cooling system then that should leave the 'pencil box'.

It is sealed with round section rubber seals (items 52 &54), available from your local friendly Yameringha dealer.

There is also an 'O' ring on a pick-up pipe (not shown) but I don't recall if this goes into or though the coolant but think it doesn't.

Latest posts

Back