Inexpensive adhesive remover and surface prep cleaner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkdenton

Reaction score
Methanol is a great solvent for cleaning the remnants of adhesive after removing a label, sticker, or anything else that leaves a sticky residue on metal or plastic. Unlike the rather aggressive product called GooGone, methanol is also safe on painted surfaces. It's also great for removing oily residues on parts before painting. But where to get methanol if you don't work in a lab? Easy peesey, its called HEET gas line anti-freeze and water remover and can be found for $2.00 or less on every auto parts store shelf in the country. I use it all the time, you should, too. I fucking love science!

Methanol is a great solvent for cleaning the remnants of adhesive after removing a label, sticker, or anything else that leaves a sticky residue on metal or plastic. Unlike the rather aggressive product called GooGone, methanol is also safe on painted surfaces. It's also great for removing oily residues on parts before painting. But where to get methanol if you don't work in a lab? Easy peesey, its called HEET gas line anti-freeze and water remover and can be found for $2.00 or less on every auto parts store shelf in the country. I use it all the time, you should, too. I fucking love science!
Mr. White your awesome, now where do I get the blue methanol.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

WD-40 works pretty good too...
Maybe for lossening adhesive, but not for dissolving it and completely removing it while leaving a spanking clean surface when you're done. The Stoddard solvent in Water Displacement formula #40 leaves a greasy film that you then need to clean with a second chemical if you want a clean surface when done.

Latest posts

Back