coming apart piece by piece

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for documenting nd4topspd. I'm also doing a total tear down on my 85. I don't have the space to work on it like you do nor do I have the engine hoist or bike stand, so it will be interesting over the next few weeks. My bike has been in storage from 15 years and needs a ton of work. It's totally stock at the moment with zero mods so far. I still have to do a lot of reading here to see which mods I will be able to afford and which I'll have to leave out of my project. First order of business will be to tear it down and begin working on each section of the bike at a time. The main purpose top take the engine out is to blast, paint, and polish. The carbs need the most work. Anyone now where to buy carb parts cheap (slides with diaphragm, gaskets, etc)? Anyway, I don't want to hi-jack this excellent thread with my project and probably silly questions. I'll start another thread later and hope to tap into some the great people over here.

Hey you are welcome!! When I started taking max apart I was shooting pics right and left but when I started going back together it was like a horse seeing the barn :rofl_200:I said screw it and threw it together:biglaugh: Just take your time and label everything cause if you are like me you can't remember what ya did yesterday:ummm:
Good luck:punk:

For OEM parts try Zanottimotor.com.
They have great prices but no parts fiche so you'll have to know the part numbers going in. I saved close to $50 on a $300 parts order this spring! Most likely they will have to order the parts themselves(like most dealers these days) so there will be a longer lead time. If you need it quick you will want to check with Sean Morley as he carries a lot of stuff on hand and ships quickly. Sean has great customer service as well!

So, your 1300 should be in my now.....no? We need more pics of the thing coming back to life.....lol. Mine is coming along slowly. Got a Reb/Black/Gold theme going on. I'll try to take a few pics.

Yip my Bike is all back together :) I have put close to 2000 miles on it since firing it back up. No problems what so ever knock on wood up to this point. I am very happy with my 1300 and highly recomend Morley Muscle if anyone is thinking of adding a few more cubes. As far as pics going back together I ran out of patients and didn't take the time to save pics along the way. sorry
Good luck with your 85 and I highly recomend adding the overdrive in 5th gear. I am getting over 40mpg pretty much all the time now.

Latest posts

Back