Chroming Your VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Max!

Reaction score
I know it is a matter of personal opinion so no need to point out the obvious, but those of you who have had your air scoops or carb cover or sideplates or anything chromed on your bike, wasit worth the money? I am looking at getting the scoops done, but as well you know that isn't cheap.:bang head:

i've never heard anyone say its not worth it, esp going thru morleys chromer.

I've used Sean Morley for all my chrome that you mentioned. Chrome makes the bike show better than the aluminum. I LOVE IT!!!

Attachments

• _DSC0317.jpg
    _DSC0317.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 76
  • _DSC0320.jpg
    _DSC0320.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 72
But it makes it pretty! :)

2011-10-26_17-14-44_866.jpg

vmax2extreme, I have the same bike and that what I am looking to do to mine. Yours is sweet.

Thanks! I dont have a ton of $$$$ to dump into my ride as others do, so its basic mods here. If you havent done the LED guage lighting yet, check out the forum thread on here:

http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2864&highlight=instrument

Also a pure HID headlight kits is nice: (far left headlight in picture)

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16747&highlight=headlight

Attachments

• VMAX_TRIO_LIGHTS.jpg
    VMAX_TRIO_LIGHTS.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 45
When I used to run the road with a semi there was a saying that a lot of the other truckers would say that did not have any chrome to show. "Chrome don't get you home", now I did not ever say that because I knew it was not cheap to make it shine. And just like anything you can you dump a lot of money and time into something. I say it is yours make it the way you want it.

Here's a nice comparison shot. # 5,6, and 8 from the camera all have chromed. This would be a good picture for those "spot the difference" games. Hmmm...
IMG_0655.jpg

Hmm, I never noticed the difference while I was there...guess that's a good polish job!

The bike with the red wheels also has chrome scoops (that one's mine). I have no idea how long ago they were done, were like that when I bought the bike. Even after riding in a rain a quick spray 'n wipe with Ice wax and they look like new again.

I've got several more pictures from that rest stop at BR10 at different angles, search "Brownie Run photos" and it'll pull up a thread with the other pictures. If you want the full rez originals of any let me know.

Thanks! I dont have a ton of $$$$ to dump into my ride as others do.

:confused2: Don't be mistaken that people have a ton of money here on this Forum. My bike had been literally in peices for 6 years before it was completed and at the stage that you see it today. I bought everything pc by pc. It has taken many of us years to get to where our bikes are today. Take your time let your bike become what you want it to be. Read alot , ask tons of questions and you will have some unique creation that all of us here on this forum will admire :punk:

G

Yeah, I plan on asking lots of questions. I like to get peoples feedback. Mine is an 05 anniversary edition so I don't want to take away from that, but I do want to make it my own at the same time.

problem with chrome is: once you start chroming you can't stop. you'll do the scoops then want side covers done and so on and so on... very addictive and not cheap :twocents: sure is purty though :punk:

problem with chrome is: once you start chroming you can't stop. you'll do the scoops then want side covers done and so on and so on... very addictive and not cheap :twocents: sure is purty though :punk:

YOU NEED TO STOP ! Otherwise you will soon have chrome teeth chrome Elvis glasses etc.

G

Theese were polished :biglaugh:, in fact most of this is polished, thats what winters are for:punk:

Attachments

• 012  corbin base,welddone 1st seat 09.jpg
    012 corbin base,welddone 1st seat 09.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 44
:punk: That's true. I had a couple pieces done at Chromemasters and this is how it ended up. I'm sure Sean does a good job but we couldn't agree on price and I had just waited about 3-4 months on a set of hoses so I wasn't to happy with the service either. But Sean did agree it was too long. Here's a couple of pictures of some of the Chrome work. Good Luck, Spurs

Attachments

• DSCN7954.jpg
    DSCN7954.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN7955.jpg
    DSCN7955.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 36
Here's a nice comparison shot. # 5,6, and 8 from the camera all have chromed. This would be a good picture for those "spot the difference" games. Hmmm...
IMG_0655.jpg

Sorry but #5 is polished ,I know it was one of those long winters. down tubes were polished too.

Back