morley muscle bigger battery mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloo

Reaction score
just bought a bigger battery for my max .wondering as anyone done this .and long term results:th_SmileyBoobs:

I did it several years back, and am still satisfied. It fits soooo absolutely snug down in there though, that I'm not looking forward to replacing it, as needs done at some point in the future as no battery lasts forever. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if ever I had another Gen 1 that needed a new battery. That bigger battery is cheaper than the OEM size, and much more readily available at various stores. Not to mention the added Cold Cranking Amperage it provides and it's reserve capacity for when you are stuck in traffic and the rpms aren't able to spin the charging system to it's fullest.

How tight was the fit for the bigger battery you chose?

You KNOW we like em tight Jim.

Says all members of the Big Johnson Club
rainbowlaugh.png

Did the Gold Wing battery mod a while ago. The cheapest generic battery to fit a Wing has a lot more cranking power than the undersized stock battery. Check water regularly, never had to add any. Battery has to be at least 3 years old, and still spins the motor over like there were no spark plugs in it!

I don't remember the size of the battery needed, but someone here has that info. I think it was the stock size for a GL1200, but don't quote me on that one..

MOTOBATT Quad Flex AGM. Great battery, fits well, brass terminals, no problems two years running. About $100 online.

I did the Big battery mod over 3 years ago. Mine finally went out so I replaced it with this one, 13.02 volts right out of the box and 270CC AMPs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290771561364#ht_1288wt_963

the link is far expired... do you remember what kind of battery you replaced it with?

i'm i'ntrerested in doing the big battery mod and really want an increase in cca's..

Back