Slipping???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
So I was on an open stitch of road, so I let the beast unleash. I'm not sure what's going on but at 8k in fifth I was at 110mph, numbers not making sense to me. What you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 8K your road speed would be 130 mph assuming OE rear tyre and final drive and that your speedo or rev counter isn't Donald Ducked.

I think you have answered your question in the heading of your posting.

Bump your front wheel against a wall and try running the rpms up a bit in 4th and 5th, if the clutch is slipping it will be easily noticeable.

At 8K your road speed would be 130 mph assuming OE rear tyre and final drive and that your speedo or rev counter isn't Donald Ducked.

I think you have answered your question in the heading of your posting.

It's been a while since I went past 90 with it. And a couple years back I did about 140 for a very short run, but didn't dare look at the rpm gage. So, maybe I have or haven't.

Ya, when I'm in triple digits, my eyes are usually glued to the road. +1 to a clutch check. A clutch upgrade is usually a good idea if you're going to wail on these bikes. It's one mod that gives good value.

PCW "extra plate clutch pack (replaces the 1/2 plate, the innermost of the clutch disc pack) & heavy-duty diaphragm clutch" kit. Call them, their website isn't very helpful, but they are on the phone. http://www.pcwracing.net/

Double D setup is great. You just barely fan the lever to shift. And, clutch slipping is a thing of the past. Some don't like the harder lever . Best bet is find someone that has it and check it out.

So pcw is under 2bills?
Double d is been a question of mine for a while. You have pics ?

Double D setup is great. You just barely fan the lever to shift. And, clutch slipping is a thing of the past. Some don't like the harder lever . Best bet is find someone that has it and check it out.

What happens with the Double D when you have adjustable levers?

Last PCW kit I bought was 'way-less than $200. Check their current prices. Some people say the double-diaphragm spring conversion is tough on your left hand in traffic, due to the increased pull. I have not run one. The PCW kit includes OEM Yamaha friction discs and a clutch cover gasket. The heavy-duty spring is another item, just ask for it when you contact them. I like the ease of pull, I really couldn't notice a difference between it and the stock diaphragm spring.

I've had both, PCW currently. I've had no issues with "too hard of a pull" with either. It is a harder pull but nothing unreasonable, ymmv.
Although davesax36 may tell you a different story about the clutch pull on Redbone. Remember Dave, scary Brian is pulling that lever, gotta keep my imagine up if your giving me that nickname!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

So pcw is under 2bills?

Double d is been a question of mine for a while. You have pics ?

I don't have a pic, but this link is a good read, from PCW's John Gainey.

I think, a worn second spring is best, as it helps with the lever pull a bit.

There's a post regarding adjustable levers and DD clutch mod, also.

http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?viewmode=compact&topic_id=560&forum=44

That's a good read, and thanks for the link. I don't know if I like the sounds of that opposed to the Barnett kit. Time to try them both I guess.

Latest posts

Back