Advice on my Vmax's performance please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax44

Reaction score
My Vmax is a stock 2000 model. The bike runs really smooth like a new bike all the way till about 7000 rpm where the engine seems to be reaching its max performance potential at 7500 rpm and develops some engine vibration. It feels like I'm pushing it to hard if i try to push it to the redline. Is this normal? Also I cant feel the surge of the Vboost til 6500 is this normal?:confused2:

Vboost should hit about 6k,so that might just be an adjustment of the cable. I'm not much help on the other stuff, but I remember reading before about hitting a wall at 7k. There was some specific solution, I think.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Just offering a question / suggestion.
Since it can only help, have you ever used Seafoam on your bike?

I had an annoying stumble around 4 - 5k. When pushing past that range, it would pull strong.
No matter what I changed out, it would still do it. (Fully broke down the carbs about 20 times, cleaned with ultra sonic cleaner, replaced boots, diaphragms, scrubbed jets - changed jet sizes, different needles, AF screw adjustments - everything you could think of).

Noticed than when I restricted the air intake on the air box with some duct tape, it would respond better. Not perfect, but better. This told me that something was not right with the Fuel/Air mix at that range.

Reading other members suggestions, I put 1/2 can of Seafoam in a full tank, for 2 fill-ups.. Ran the bike till it was close to empty. On the 3rd fill up (close too 200 miles). Noticed that the stumble had gone away. As a test, I removed the air-restricting duct tape and the bike still pulled smooth thru all throttle ranges. Looked like the Seafoam removed some micro particles that was not allowing the fuel/air mix to work correctly. All together, I used 1 and 1/2 bottles of Seafoam in my tank.

4 years now, and still running strong. I have not had to use any more Seafoam as of yet.

Just offering a question / suggestion.
Since it can only help, have you ever used Seafoam on your bike?

I had an annoying stumble around 4 - 5k. When pushing past that range, it would pull strong.
No matter what I changed out, it would still do it. (Fully broke down the carbs about 20 times, cleaned with ultra sonic cleaner, replaced boots, diaphragms, scrubbed jets - changed jet sizes, different needles, AF screw adjustments - everything you could think of).

Noticed than when I restricted the air intake on the air box with some duct tape, it would respond better. Not perfect, but better. This told me that something was not right with the Fuel/Air mix at that range.

Reading other members suggestions, I put 1/2 can of Seafoam in a full tank, for 2 fill-ups.. Ran the bike till it was close to empty. On the 3rd fill up (close too 200 miles). Noticed that the stumble had gone away. As a test, I removed the air-restricting duct tape and the bike still pulled smooth thru all throttle ranges. Looked like the Seafoam removed some micro particles that was not allowing the fuel/air mix to work correctly. All together, I used 1 and 1/2 bottles of Seafoam in my tank.

4 years now, and still running strong. I have not had to use any more Seafoam as of yet.

Sea foam, contains Toluene and magic. I've had really good really results with it on my old GS 750 and FZR. Plus I have seen some pretty amazing vids of what it can do on small engines like mowers/ snow throwers and such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back