Pillion opening mechanism ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Brad

Reaction score
http://exactrep.com/acatalog/Pillion-Seat-Mechanism-171B.html#SID=15

Anyone have any first hand experience/ knowledge with this assembly? I think it could potentially be handy to at least put my back up prescription glasses and wallet in when riding. Currently I put everything in my jacket pockets. It might be just the amount of storage I need.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

A better pic of the storage area would have been a useful addition to the ad. Email them and ask for some more pics, see what they say.

Viragos used to have a small lockable storage area big-enough for a pair of glasses on the backside of the sissy bar, which I believe is the same loop the VMax uses.

OK, I see they did show additional pics. I think $100 for a bracket pair and some screws and washers is a dear price to pay. Also, this is the space where the stock toolkit goes, so take that into account.
seat-mech-click-here.JPG

A better pic of the storage area would have been a useful addition to the ad. Email them and ask for some more pics, see what they say.

Viragos used to have a small lockable storage area big-enough for a pair of glasses on the backside of the sissy bar, which I believe is the same loop the VMax uses.

OK, I see they did show additional pics. I think $100 for a bracket pair and some screws and washers is a dear price to pay. Also, this is the space where the stock toolkit goes, so take that into account.
seat-mech-click-here.JPG

I think the fender must be part of the gig as well, take close look at that as well. It looks different from stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seat-mech-click-here.JPG
I was thinking the tool kit area is what makes up most the inside of the rear seat so unless you customize the rear fender there might not be much room. That's why I was hoping someone had seen or used one.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back