Best ever quote about a Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly true, Don.
My favorite VMax quote is mine... "Make sure you have it aimed before you hit the boost the first time."

Dumbest quote... "If you're not seeing the oil light, you're NOT riding it right!"

Nothing the matter with Ruby Redeye winkin' atcha from the dash idiot lights.

"If you're not seeing the oil light, you're NOT riding it right!"

^^ It made my heart stop for a second the first time I saw the oil light come on...

Then I hopped on here to see what I was in for...

Then I read that quote..

All better!

Definitely.

I always looked at the spooky handling quirks as part of the Max's charm. :eusa_dance:

My little Brother has a modern k model BMW, he can not shake me on my old 89 Vmax in the twisties. My old R100/7 handled very good, but I'm more secure on my 89. Set up right, a Vmax will be more than average skills can take advantage of. But you're going to spend some $$ to get there.

True, there's nothing gonna break when you run the bike hard enough to turn the light on. My point was some new rider or squid overdoing things by trying to ride hard enough to turn it on. That's a recipe for disaster.

Call me a safety geek if you like, but encouraging someone to run that hard is at the very least irresponsible, and stupid.

I've ridden a VMax more miles than almost all of you, I've never seen the oil light come on. I don't feel I'm riding the bike wrong... I've never had to be hauled out of a ditch, either.

True, there's nothing gonna break when you run the bike hard enough to turn the light on. My point was some new rider or squid overdoing things by trying to ride hard enough to turn it on. That's a recipe for disaster.

Call me a safety geek if you like, but encouraging someone to run that hard is at the very least irresponsible, and stupid.

I've ridden a VMax more miles than almost all of you, I've never seen the oil light come on. I don't feel I'm riding the bike wrong... I've never had to be hauled out of a ditch, either.

OK you're a safety geek---:rofl_200:----well you asked.
I certainly agree with you there Bill about the encouraging- hitting 6 grand in a corner without expecting the vboost to kick in is like hanging on to a bull!!:bang head:
I know by the page yours has logged a lot of miles and that is respected.
I'm on my 8th one and all have been well over 50k.:eusa_dance:

Nubicon.
The first time I saw a GT750, back in 1971, I was amazed at the radiator. My first thought was " If you fall off that thing, you're gonna get scalded by the coolant!". Youthful ignorance. I was 21 years old, and riding a CB160... (Which I wish I still had..)

Found this one...

**Brasfield: **Every time I ride the V-Max, I think that there are 140 reasons to love the V-Max and one reason to question that love. To truly appreciate this bike, you need to get on it and get on the throttle. Once that V-Boost kicks in you'll know the Supreme Being is a biker and She loves beefy V-4s! If this bike doesn't put a smile on your face that threatens to split your helmet in two, then you must be dead. Yep, no doubt about it, horsepower rules -- all 140 of 'em.

601010-F-0000H-011.JPG

Like the BOMARC, the VMax was designed in an earlier time, and to deliver a lethal punch. Not small, not light, not anything to fool-around with. Screw the throttle open and hold it there long-enough, and the bike power-wheelies as the VBoost mimics the twin ramjets and solid-fuel thrust of the BOMARC. The main difference is that the VMax has to have a human brave-enough to ride it while the BOMARC is unmanned, as at the end of its intended flight path, the BOMARC goes "boom" due-to its payload, and design as surface-to-air ordinance. The VMax however, provides the competent rider with thrust and torque that can be used time and again, requiring only 87 octane, and the room on your driver's license for the tickets you will surely collect.

http://www.hill.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/397255/bomarc-b/

One of the magazines said back in 1985 that a VMax is about as subtle as a whack in the forehead with a running chainsaw..

Truth..

Latest posts

Back