Carb parts needed for total rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Items in red are replaced only if necessary. For example, coasting enricheners, slides, etc.

Mark

Attachments

• CARB PARTS.doc
    26 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Here's the pdf for you guys with Macs.

Attachments

• carb parts.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 437
Items in red are replaced only if necessary. For example, coasting enricheners, slides, etc.

Mark
What do the coasting enrichers do? If the diaphragms were to dry out and lose their elasticity, what conditions would be the result?

Coasting enricheners are similar to the carb slides in that they also have a rubber diaphragm and use vacuum to open/close. They sit behind and regulate air coming through pilot air jet #2 which is behind your throttle slides. When the throttle is closed or at small throttle angles the coasting enricheners close thus richening the pilot mixture....this prevents the popping in the exhaust during deceleration.

If your slides have holes in the diaphragms they will not open as far or at all and you'll lean way out from upper low end all the way up in your rpm range. It'll idle fine but will run like crap everywhere else...depending on how bad the rubbers are.

Mark

has anyone ever priced this stuff independently to see if its cheaper to buy a rebuild kit? parts are never in stock in my town so its always a weeks delay to bring them in. rather know ahead of time.

If you have holes in the diaphragms............depending on how bad the rubbers are.......

Mark

I've encountered holes in Diaphragms and bad rubbers before and it's cost me $1000's to repair the damage.....in fact I'm still paying for it.....:rofl_200:
:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Serrow did you ever get an answer to that question? Is it cheaper to buy this stuff seperately or does this come in a kit that yam sells?

no kit from Yamaha. Just buy the stuff seperately. There was a company on ebay selling a knock off of the parts but I am leery on quality of the parts.

Sean

I've encountered holes in Diaphragms and bad rubbers before and it's cost me $1000's to repair the damage.....in fact I'm still paying for it.....:rofl_200:

AMEN brother, a little :th_love031: can cost ya in a big way..... if the diaphram or a bad rubber fails at the wrong time!!!

HAHAHAAHAH!!!!! :rofl_200::clapping::rofl_200::clapping:

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I took my carbs apart last fall to clean out all the gunk that accumulated from sitting in the garage for five years and some how I've misplaced the float bowl pins. I have tried to look up the parts online but can't seem to find the proper part number. Does anyone hear know the part number and does anyone reccomend a good online parts source. Thanks in advance.

float bowl pins? you mean to hold the floats? i would give sean morley(one2dmax) a call or email he'll be able to help you out.

Agreed. If you are missing the hinge pin that the float pivots on you are in big trouble.

Sean

I'm talking about the Part the float pushes up and down that stops the fuel from entering the bowl. Maybe it called a valve,needle,pin etc,etc. I need to know the name and part number if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Thanks

needle from the needle and seat.
edit: your right diagram doesn't show it well but might be item 36 needle valve assembly. NEEDLE VALVE ASY
1FK-14190-15-00

Latest posts

Back