I have a few complete! -- COPS --

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone ever solve the tboost/cop issue?

Not to my knowledge.. This is my theory of what is happening, but I am not an electrical engineer either.. Perhaps one of the two on the forum will chime in! I think that the COP's take more energy to trigger. The T-boost only works at the higher RPM's ( I think that is correct) because there is enough energy produced for the T-Boost to pick up the trigger. So perhaps if we placed a small capacitor in that circuit then the T-Boost would work again! :punk:

Gannon

Good that Fargo started and I finished this up....

I am sorry Prez I forgot to add that you gave good info too. Someone the otherday thanked me for this mod (that I came up with) :rofl_200:
People of the forum! Let it be heard 88VMX12 did not come up with this mod it was more or less a group effort of forum members. because one guy had the balls to put his CDI on the line and had a Great idea! Everyone came together giving information and their experiences to make it what it is today and what that one guy had started with gave us a starting point to go from. If it wasn't for him we would not have had all of his information. 88VMX12 only did the digging to find the pcs and parts to put the harnesses together. It took several tries on my end to make what you see.

Gannon

birdoprey too eh?

i thought the tboost issue would be fixed with the resistors gannon puts in, is that not the case?

birdoprey too eh?

i thought the tboost issue would be fixed with the resistors gannon puts in, is that not the case?

Awe yes "Birdoprey" And anyone else that I might have not put on here. I am sure I missed some more!

The resistors have not fixed the issue! There is one guy that had removed his T-Boost because he didn't want to cut his harnesses that I had made him. So I sent him a "T-Boost adapter" that I had made to plug inline with the harnesses. It was a trial run and free of charge. I was selling them for $17 plus shipping
Tboostadapter2.jpg

Tboostadapter1.jpg

so as of now the T-Boost harness is only good for people that want to not have to jerry rig their factory harness. I would love it if we could figure out the issue!

Gannon

I am sorry Prez I forgot to add that you gave good info too. Someone the otherday thanked me for this mod (that I came up with) :rofl_200:
People of the forum! Let it be heard 88VMX12 did not come up with this mod it was more or less a group effort of forum members. because one guy had the balls to put his CDI on the line and had a Great idea! Everyone came together giving information and their experiences to make it what it is today and what that one guy had started with gave us a starting point to go from. If it wasn't for him we would not have had all of his information. 88VMX12 only did the digging to find the pcs and parts to put the harnesses together. It took several tries on my end to make what you see.

Gannon

Not exactly what I wanted to see but thanks.
Im dont feel like a founder here tho...i was just inciting :icon_rolleyes:

so as of now the T-Boost harness is only good for people that want to not have to jerry rig their factory harness. I would love it if we could figure out the issue!

Gannon
The answer may be simple. I could work on this with succes I bealive but, I have niether v-boost nor t-boost one hand...

I have had a few of you asking for installation info on the coil conversion harnesses that I have been building. Well with the blessing of naughtyG. I have used some of his write up and pictures that are in the user mods section. I had to do it this way due to the fact I am no where near my Vmax or even home and it will be this way for a min of a year. Just drop me a PM I can send it out Via Email.
Thanks G

sorry if this has been asked but i am interested in buying these at some point here. I would like to know some more about if these afect the vboost... not sure what tboost is. I just have stock stuff so far! will this make this not work? I was also thinking about doing the mod to add a switch to my vboost for the 3000/6000rpm option. would this than not work?

The standard harness works fine with v boost. The switch you mention is tboost.
you can buy the tboost adapter harness to make the cops work with tboost.

sorry if this has been asked but i am interested in buying these at some point here. I would like to know some more about if these afect the vboost... not sure what tboost is. I just have stock stuff so far! will this make this not work? I was also thinking about doing the mod to add a switch to my vboost for the 3000/6000rpm option. would this than not work?

it won't effect stock operation and I don't think with the resistor harnesses it will effect the 3/6krpms switch either.

do these improve HP at all?

how much are they?

i could care less if the bike starts faster, but if it makes the bike faster or makes it run better or save gas i'm all for it.
Not sure about instant h.p. But cops are cheap compared to eom coils/wires. Changing one out takes a minute. The front stock coils are a p.i.a. to change even in my shed with the right tools. It could be the difference between a flatbed ride home or not. Quick starting is easy on the starter clutch and starter.
Steve-o

Hey guys I am working on getting a website up and running. I was wanting to have a photo gallery of customers bikes and their statements on their coil conversion harness. So if you want your bike posted on the net please forward a picture and your statement to me. Also would be interested in some links that you might have. Thanks Gannon

[email protected]

Hey guys,where can i buy quality COPs for my 94 vmax...just give me a trusted seller on ebay..i guess the harness is included, right??

Let me know!!

Why not hit up Sean Morley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tip,

But a set with resistors built in. In any case of electrical upgrades..... u know for sure they wont interferre or cause any problems.

Thanks again Sean, James and Jon

Latest posts

Back