Stock Center Stand replacement??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
Anyone know of an easy way to replace the stock center stand, without dropping the muffler?? Looks like this bolt and stand-off is stopping the right side bolt from coming out..
bolt too close.jpg

Has anyone removed their stock center stand with the stock pipes in place, or do you have to move the pipes to get it off?

I believe I have, but it was over 11 years ago now so the memory is a bit foggy. That was 2007, my 1st year with Redbone and I replaced the exhaust at the end of 2008 with a Mark's 4 into 2 exhaust. The Marks exhaust allows retention of the centerstand and you can remove the centerstand with out touching the exhaust.
I'm sorry I cannot be any more help than this info.

I think the main issue is that large bolt and bolt stand, that's part of the resonator can from the stock exhaust. I've been under the bike twice, trying to replace the center stand, with a non-broken one. I finally got one of the bolts loose, only to find out that it will not slide out, because it hits that mounting tongue.
bolt too close.jpg muffler drawing.jpg

I'm sure that if I did not use the stock mufflers, getting to the center stand would not be an issue, but I love the look, sound and feel of the stock setup, and I enjoy the stability of using the center stand.

Latest posts

Back