I'm really loving Mr. MAX!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
I find that I really love riding the max. (like I could not love it)

Just putting around town, or a relaxing country ride or the trip to the gf's house, It's pure pleasure.

I find that when I'm on the ZRX, I'm always looking for corners or hauling ass. I ride it soooo much more aggressively. It's more about the rush, and not the ride.

Does any of this make sense?

know what your saying ..even tho i like ring a little on the fast side on the highway..its a great bike to put around and take the sites in has the power to be in the taller gears in low rpm area.....i think of the bike as an old timer when they tell you i may be old put i still have one good fight left in me......i been taking some corners pretty hard on and off highway ramps....in stock form the max leans over pretty good and follows a nice line

I like to ride it around as well. However, if I come back from a ride and I have not seen redline in at least two gears, I am bummed out. I cannot stay out of the throttle on the bike. Also, it is not my top choice for a hop-on and cruise around town bike. I take my Husqvarna for that and then I look for stuff that I try to avoid on the Max, like U-Turns and the such. I do love listening to the Max though...sounds amazing.

Mike

The things that make me smile the most about mine have changed over the years... When I first got it I loved rolling on the throttle and feeling it break the tire loose in first and then shifting hard into second and wagging the tail a bit... Now that I have had it a while...the rides are just as much fun but I get a lot of joy out of people scratching their head wonder what the hell is that or when they hear it coming like WTF?

Stopping for a break and rewinding it all in my brain all the changes I have made... (bars,controls,rearsets,brakes, wheels, color,exhaust,seat,headlight,shocks,fork work,tail light) The to do list is getting damn short these days... more expensive too.

I guess we are growing old at the same time.. never would have said that about the ninjas I used to ride.

Haha me an Mr Max were in our glory days at around the same time.

Frank

Does any of this make sense?

Yes! It makes PERFECT sense. That's why the Vmax was built the way it was and why it has become a legend unlike any other bike.

It's got it all: Good manners below 4 grand, a decent ride around town, not a terrible ride on the highway at reasonable speeds, and can still rip the pavement apart and make that guy in his Vette look completely stupid.

It's a great bike. I know EXACTLY what you're saying.

Regards,
Tom

AND, they still draw crowds and questions!

Had a guy break away from his Harley buddies over the weekend to come over and ask questions about my Max at a gas station. Seems he has one at home as well.....

Also, I love the fact that it is still pretty much the King of he Cruisers/Muscle Bikes.

Mike

I agree with all of you. When you want to cruise, it cruises. when you want to burn rubber and tear it up, it will gladly do it. And get atention, it seems almost every kind of motorcyclest knows about it or has at least heard storys of it. Oh and if you really want atention, get one of those NOS energy drinks, cut the top off, and stick it on your oil filter. nobody misses that.:biglaugh:

I've had more fun cruising it since I put the forward controls on. Perhaps it's because it's a little unsettling when it trys to push me off the back of the back since my feet are out ahead of me. :D

Back