Gen 2 Engine Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will that baby fit in a gen 1 chassis? Nevermind I just read your comment Sean about not being practicle

Sean how hard is the chaindrive and can you use the factory swingarm and if not will a busa swingarm work. What price range are you looking at in a chaindrive. I am really interested, can I use the same rims or do I have to get busa rims.

Sean all I want is a chaindrive, no engine work just chain, can I use the same swingarm or go to a busa, also rims same or diff. What kind of price are we looking at not exact but ballpark. I would like to swingarms 1 for a 240 and the other for a 300 singleside.

Have you started on the stator clear cover by chance. I have the clear clutch just want the other 3 as soon as you can get them.

We have some additional covers that just arrived but need to see what we can do with them.

I'll ask the machinist what we're looking at for chaindrive stuff. It's going to require a custom swingarm. I believe the 240 tire may be the widest though possibly a little wider may fit too.

Wheel will also be either custom or adapted from another make.

Sean, I have a ? for you. When it comes to the swingarm of the Gen 2 will a busa swingarm fit or will it have to be modded. I want a chaindrive and I want to know if a after market swingarm will fit were the factory one is.

I have not had one out of the gen 2. I am quite sure it will take a custom made swingarm to fit since the hayabusa I believe has a narrower chassis. You may be able to take the hayabusa swingarm and graft the pivot points and shock provisions from the vmax arm to it.

Sean any new update on the drop in cams and or clear covers, I have the clutch cover just need the other three.

Still nothing on the other covers yet. I need to check and see how we're coming with the local machinist on the other covers I do have.

Drop in cams for the gen 2 are going to be a serious waste of money. Not enough clearance in the stock pistons to do anything to justify the cost vs tiny gain. Now, we are going to offer a piston setup that will also allow for the larger cams.

Sean do you have any of the clear pieces for the clutch cover. I would like to have one or 2 on the side just in case my clear piece gets broke, then I would have a replacement clear insert to put in it.

I can get you replacements any time or spares. Just email me (at least for the covers we make). I'd need the core to do spares for someone else's cover.

Sean any more info on the cams and piston package and the other engine clear covers. Thanks

LumMax

Nothing yet. It's def a slow ass process. I MIGHT be getting some extra funds here soon and can maybe start pushing the project a little more!

Sean is it true that a cam upgrade is not possible without replacing the pistons on this motor?

Correct. Not going to clear the pistons so any lift gain would be so marginal it's not worth the cost.

Sean anything on the other 3 clear covers for the Gen 2.

Will check on the bore process of the first engine but I also have had a 2009 dropped off to the shop last weekend with a seized engine. Going to work with Yamaha to get him a replacement and then see what we can do with this one too! He's requested a supercharger on this one.

Thanks Sean still waiting on the Gen 2 clear covers, if you get anymore besides the clutch let me know. Would like the other 3 as well.

Will check on the bore process of the first engine but I also have had a 2009 dropped off to the shop last weekend with a seized engine. Going to work with Yamaha to get him a replacement and then see what we can do with this one too! He's requested a supercharger on this one.

Oh my oh my me likey... Will you be posting about this?... The EFI is a great thing...

Correct. Not going to clear the pistons so any lift gain would be so marginal it's not worth the cost.

What are the stock lobe centers? Spreading them could gain a lot of clearance...

Latest posts

Back