Vmax Build Inspiration (pics ;)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish rims wernt so damn expensive. lol

I'm with you Boostmax, I love that black chain drive bastard too!.............Tom.

They are all absofreakingly sick! Especially the last one. I had to doubletake with the headlight. I'm partial to the second pic of the one by the fountain in post 2. Wish I had the bling for them rims....drooool.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

For what it costs the chain conversion isn't that bad... considering that it opens up a whole new world of tire width and sportbike rims combos. Noticed racers are even starting to sell carbon fiber wheels at drastically reduced prices.

I bought this whole setup for about $700.00 on ebay a while back. The tires are minty fresh.

Picture19.jpg

I also like those tuning fork wheels and that bike is Very similar to mine. I also really like the front forks. I sent you a pic of mine parked in the same position so you can compare them.

I also like those tuning fork wheels and that bike is Very similar to mine. I also really like the front forks. I sent you a pic of mine parked in the same position so you can compare them.

Hi Ed, Your bike is looking real sharp! Sized your pic... image is little fuzzy because it's a cell phone pic. If you send me a better one I'll change it for you. Here they are... very similar right down to the forward controls... I like. How do you like the V Gas setup?

Picture12.jpg

Picture20.jpg

Looks like the red one has the fatmax (Madmax fender) can't tell what size the tire is.

The rear fender on that red one really changed the bike. That bike looks AWESOME!

My rear fender is also a MadMax double wide as well but shorter for my 250 rear tire. Personally I like the shorter in front look but to each his own. Oh yea, I Love my Vgas carbs kinda sounds like horses galloping at idle. But I'll get a better pic from my canon or at least resize it and see.do you want it small, med or large instead of actual. I'd be curious to know when he built the red one. I'm pretty sure he did mine before it when it was Herc's. I just thought it looked Too similar. But I do Love the design on the wheels but it's hard to top the Performance Machine wheels on mine. But to each his own. And I still have a ways to go with mine before I'm done.

Rear tire is 250/40/18 on an 8.5" rim. Front is 120/70/19 on a 3" rim the cool thing is that PM discontinued the Trinity design and I bought the last 2 matching rotors ever made but I have to redrill the wheel hubs so the spokes on the rotors line up perfectly with the wheel spokes and as Paul from MadMax told me "Holy Fuck your pickey" Lol, like I said, my bike still has a ways to go before I'm done. I'm redesigning the knee plates as we speak. Not sure ill ever be done. A mod monkey pretty much took up residence here but that's cool as long as I feed him he wont bite, (so he says). Yea right.

so most definately the red one is mad max's "avon 300 fat max" build. interestingly enough (if it was obvious to you i apologize for boring you with my child-like wonderment) the front fender is just a "regular" one with the back off it painted black. here's another angle...and i'm SOOOOO getting me that crankcase breather housing cover. i saw one on a guy's during bike week at the vmoa boxenstopp cookout. effin expensive for what it is, though :-(

DSC01267.JPG

Hey! How did you get on the other side of the fountain? That bike is sweet! Didn't know it was a 300 thanks.

Rear tire is 250/40/18 on an 8.5" rim. Front is 120/70/19 on a 3" rim the cool thing is that PM discontinued the Trinity design and I bought the last 2 matching rotors ever made but I have to redrill the wheel hubs so the spokes on the rotors line up perfectly with the wheel spokes and as Paul from MadMax told me "Holy Fuck your pickey" Lol, like I said, my bike still has a ways to go before I'm done. I'm redesigning the knee plates as we speak. Not sure ill ever be done. A mod monkey pretty much took up residence here but that's cool as long as I feed him he wont bite, (so he says). Yea right.

Paul's funny.... How does it handle with the 250? Never done are they?

so most definately the red one is mad max's "avon 300 fat max" build. interestingly enough (if it was obvious to you i apologize for boring you with my child-like wonderment) the front fender is just a "regular" one with the back off it painted black. here's another angle...and i'm SOOOOO getting me that crankcase breather housing cover. i saw one on a guy's during bike week at the vmoa boxenstopp cookout. effin expensive for what it is, though :-(

DSC01267.JPG

Wow, that's a great pic and is a beautiful bike. Its definetly a newer design on the transfer case
I really like that breather. Anyone know where I could get one and the chrome neck covers. Damn it, now I gotta buy more stuff. I like the raked tree but as cool as it looks I wanted one and have been warned against it for riding. Do you think that's a rider or just show?

I love the 250 rear. It hooks up great and handles great. Ive been told any wider and it starts to handle poorly but mine holds like glue.

I really like that breather. Anyone know where I could get one

They are a Venture Royal accessory.

STR-4NK27-15-01.jpg

Unfortunately, Yamaha discontinued the fab. I've looked all over the place without luck. PN STR-4NK27-15-02 for the "ball milled" one in the
pic and STR-4NK27-15-01 for a "smooth version". I thought preferredpowersports was selling them but after chatting with the rep, he said
that the website was in error. :-(.

It's a great idea nonetheless. maybe I'll fab something myself.

I think I have one set of freshly chromed PCV covers on hand!

Sean

Sean, shoot me a PM of how much for them and would you happen to know where and how much for a set of the chrome neck covers? Thanks, let me know, Ed

Another cool Vmax with a nice understated color scheme. Can't remember where I saw the pic, but I like it.

Attachments

• Vmax 2000 R side.jpg
    Vmax 2000 R side.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 40
Back