Indycar vs Superbike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
The St Pete Grand Prix just concluded here. Grahm Rayhal was the winner. My question: who would win on a road coarse like this - an Indycar or a Superbike ? My money is on Nicky Hayden on a Superbike, but I have no evidence to back my choice. Any die-hard race fans know for sure which machine is faster on a road coarse ?

I would guess just the opposite, but I don't have any proof to back up my guess either.... I guess that doesn't really help you out now does it?

Jeff

I think it was the Honda racing team about 7-8 years back did a thing with thier MGP and thier indy car.

The car won, due to its handling and sustained speed through the corners. I think it was Gil de Ferran was the driver of the car and Colin Edwards on the GP bike.

I can't remember the particulars, damn old age, I remember it being in the 2000's and Honds's racing was winning all kinds of things and setting records.

All and all, I'll put my money on a F1 car over a GP bike. The tech in them cars are somthing else. They say at speed they create so much downforce they could drive upside down.

id go with the car...seen some races on youtube bike vs car..for over a million dollars a car it better kick ass

I would easily say the car would wax ass. The downforce they have is so incredible it allows them to take corners like no bike can possibly do.

Sean

Cars always win. No bike can handle like a car and carry as much speed through corners.

Mike

It would be the car plain and simple. Not only the downforce, but traction as well. 4 tires with HUUUUGE contact patch vs. 2 tires with a contact patch about the size of half a sheet of paper. The traction also allows a much higher cornering speed with greater stability.

On a true road course, the car will always win. If you want to make it even sicker, try it with a Formula 1 car. At Indianapolis (which was outfitted for F1 and hosted an F1 race for the last several years) The Indy car was actually 6 seconds slower than an F1 car was.

It was sick.

The fastest machine on the planet on a road course of any type is a Formula 1 machine.

To make matter worse: F1 is limited. VERY limited these days. In the old days, it would be ever more one sided.

Simply fact is, 4 wheels grip better than two. The only time that doesn't really apply is in a straight line, and even then, there are exceptions.

Regards,
Tom

The ariel atom is an awsome car, but I think the guy driving is overacting a bit with the face blowing bit.

Latest posts

Back