Finally!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
This afternoon I recieved a phone call from the Fairbanks North Star Borough, about the two job interviews I went on last week.

They offered me both jobs. I chose the operators job, cause my back is still only about 75-80%, besides it pays hella good and its a 4-10 hour shifts a week. so get nights off and 3 day weekends to ride.:punk:

It couldn't have come at a better time, since I crushed my back again, I've been unemployed for a little better then a year. My money has almost ran out. I didn't to the extended unemployment thing cause up here you get penalized for it. I've tried getting any job, I'm still trying to figure out that whole "over qualified" thing. If you fit the bill and are willing to work. by all means, let them work.

The big thing with job hunting was they were afraid I was going to return to law enforcement, trying to explain to them that my back injury made that not possible. but oh well, its all water under the bridge now.

:banana:

Nex month, new tail section will be ordered. The rest bank and maint. Have to get my savings built back up.

Excellent news! :thumbs up: Way to go!!:banana::cheers: The 4 day week is pretty good too.

Who you gonna be an operator for?

I work Mon-Th 4-10's also but it usually ends up being 4-5's & 6's

I'm an Electrician for LyondelBasell, formerly Lyondell, formerly Arco, Fomrerly Oxirane....You know how that goes.

Other than wrestling with the occasional Turd I would think an operator Job would be a little tougher on your back than law enforcement.

God luck in any case, glad to hear things are going your way:punk:

Rusty

Who you gonna be an operator for?

I work Mon-Th 4-10's also but it usually ends up being 4-5's & 6's

I'm an Electrician for LyondelBasell, formerly Lyondell, formerly Arco, Fomrerly Oxirane....You know how that goes.

Other than wrestling with the occasional Turd I would think an operator Job would be a little tougher on your back than law enforcement.

God luck in any case, glad to hear things are going your way:punk:

Rusty

Thanks,

its For the Fairbanks North Star Borough, I'll work a forklift and do some laboring on top of that. As long as I keep moving I'm fine.

The job shouldn't be so bad, Fighting was the easy part of LEO, it was the running and moving with 37lbs of equipment strapped around your waist, with a restrictive vest on.

No to mention the time put in the crown vic's sucked. them seats aren't the most comfortable.

This gig pays about $2/hr less then what I made as a cop. But I no longer have any credit card bills, or chopper payments. so that frees up $900 per month. So all and all, it levels out. All I'm paying now is house, insurance, utilities, fuel. On paper, its like I got a small raise.

good to hear you are up and being a productive member of society. LOL:biglaugh:

Good news is always welcome.:banana:

Cheers:cheers:

CONGRATULATIONS KJ, :thumbs up: THATS GOOD NEWS ! & THE 4 DAY WORK WEEK MAKES YOU A LUCKY SOB ! :rofl_200: I WISH MY WORK WAS 4 DAY'S !

Thats good news. Man I would Kill for 4 10 hr days. Its 6 days a week here, been that way for almost 2 years. Glad its double time:clapping:.

Glad your on the mend.

I'm still trying to figure out that whole "over qualified" thing.

Sadly, it's simple: It means that you know what you're doing, are skilled at what you do, and they are hoping to get an illegal alien that has that same skill that will ask for less than minimum wage under the table.

This gig pays about $2/hr less then what I made as a cop.

That, in and of itself, is in my eyes, unforgivable. I don't mean that as an insult to you. I mean that as a travesty to police officers. To think that two bucks an hour seperates a fork lift driver from an officer of the law is a travesty. In fact, I have two police officer friends that make far less than I do. It used to be three...but the kid I grew up with is dead. Shot in the head by a thief while the officer was trying to give him a ride. (For the record: Robert James Ingram, Cobb County Police.)

My God, man. You went out there each night, risked your life, got shot at, and at the end of the day were just lucky to go home alive after having to put up with scum who "have their rights".

KJ, thank you for your service...from the bottom of my heart. It takes a hell of a lot to put your life on the line knowing that in most cases, you're seen as the asshole that writes a speeding ticket on occasion to some asshole that deserved it.

Frankly, bud...you're better off. It's our loss. You're better served for doing a job that you don't have to lose sleep over and that your family doesn't stay up nights worried about you.

We, on the other hand, are at a loss. We lost an officer...from what I've seen, an officer that loved his job, loved to serve and simply couldn't do it anymore.

Godspeed KJ. Here's wishing you nothing but success in your new job.

All the best,
Tom

KJ,

Hey, congratulations! I am happy for you. Of course this also means that you will not be on here so often anymore either.

My best wishes for a good start!

KJ,

Hey, congratulations! I am happy for you. Of course this also means that you will not be on here so often anymore either.

My best wishes for a good start!

LOL thanks Lee, Its no problem not being on as much. Sinc I was out of work and on here. my postings per day has doubled.

I was gaining on Chris' postus whorus award. :rofl_200:

Today was first day, worked my ass off. back held up pretty good. its tender but far from sore. :banana: Best of all even though the temps are in the teens in the morning, the roads are dry all the way to work so I'm riding to work. better then coffee I tell ya :thumbs up: This morning 17deg F and a nice brisk ride. oh yeah... life in a northern town

Sweet! I just saw this! Congrats!

All good things come to an end and no one will be as big of a whore as me...:biglaugh:

This morning 17deg F and a nice brisk ride. oh yeah... life in a northern town

Brisk????? You call that Brisk??????:surprise:

I wouldn't even crawl my pansy ass out from underneath my electric blanket and get out of bed if it was that cold..........

You're a tuff sumbitch......:worthy:

Thank god for Texas, we get maybe one freeze a year around Houston, sometimes not.....

'Course 44" a rain per year has a pretty good suck factor too so it ain't all good.....:bang head:

Rusty

Brisk????? You call that Brisk??????:surprise:

I wouldn't even crawl my pansy ass out from underneath my electric blanket and get out of bed if it was that cold..........

You're a tuff sumbitch......:worthy:

Thank god for Texas, we get maybe one freeze a year around Houston, sometimes not.....

'Course 44" a rain per year has a pretty good suck factor too so it ain't all good.....:bang head:

Rusty

it was a great ride, by the time I got to work I was ready to go. Cep't I was ready to ride 10 min's later:bang head:.

we had another snow storm, depending on how the roads are, I might ride in the morning. It was 3 deg, this morning. But now the roads are pretty much dry with a few wet patches, and snow patches.

If I ride I'm going to turn on the helmet cam, to share a look see in my world.

Like I said, I tend to streach the riding season.

Talk about gung-ho...sheesh man...

I thought we were tough for donning the gear in 38 degree weather.

You take Gung-Ho to a whole new level, bud. Sheesh. I feel like a woman now.

You'll all pardon me while I go put my dress on, of course.
Tom

Back