Vmax quotes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesn't need to be VMax for the quote, just take almost any text from Hunter S Thompson's "Song of the Sausage Creature."

Here are a few:

Attachments

• Mike_Vmax_Wheelie_Chainsaw-Quote.jpg
    Mike_Vmax_Wheelie_Chainsaw-Quote.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 1985-Vmax-Burnout-Jay-PeeWe-Gleason-Poster-Smoked-HOG-Larger-Text.jpg
    1985-Vmax-Burnout-Jay-PeeWe-Gleason-Poster-Smoked-HOG-Larger-Text.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Harley-look-when-Vmax-wants-to-play.jpg
    Harley-look-when-Vmax-wants-to-play.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 83
This One:
“When you cruise the streets on a V-Max … you aren’t innocently looking for someone to race with, you’re trolling for fresh victims, for poor unsuspecting souls to chew up and spit out your exhaust pipes.”
— Cycle World, May 1985

And another:
"In 1985, the brand-new 1,198cc, 70-degree V4 monster Yamaha V-Max was an unapologetic two-wheeled hot-rod. It was the undisputed king of the boulevard, and the most American bike ever to come out of Japan. Virtually unchanged 22 years later, it still may be.

The V-Max boasted unheard of road-burning acceleration, introduced Yamaha’s innovative V-Boost technology, and raised the stakes for the then-new “muscle-cruiser” category. Its looks, while jarring at the time, predated the styling of the BMW R1200C and Harley-Davidson V-Rod. From its headlight nacelle to its squared heads, V-layout and wide, low-slung wheelbase and fat tires, it’s an icon of motorcycling. It has enjoyed a rare 20-plus year production, has built a worldwide fan following with V-Max clubs from France to Japan, and still earns reverence and accolades from top motorcycle publications each model year.

This is a bike built for the moody loner. No factory repli-racer resplendent in rainbow hues … no weekend offroading with the kids. The V-Max is all about wicked attitude in spades, anti-social behavior and burning up the other guy in stoplight to stoplight races. The V-Max was a hooligan bike a decade before the term existed."
- By Chris MacMahan MotorCycle Classics - September/October 2007

Attachments

• VMax-Victims.jpg
    VMax-Victims.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Drugs-Drink-Throttle.jpg
    Drugs-Drink-Throttle.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 55
This One:
“When you cruise the streets on a V-Max … you aren’t innocently looking for someone to race with, you’re trolling for fresh victims, for poor unsuspecting souls to chew up and spit out your exhaust pipes.”
— Cycle World, May 1985

And another:
"In 1985, the brand-new 1,198cc, 70-degree V4 monster Yamaha V-Max was an unapologetic two-wheeled hot-rod. It was the undisputed king of the boulevard, and the most American bike ever to come out of Japan. Virtually unchanged 22 years later, it still may be.

The V-Max boasted unheard of road-burning acceleration, introduced Yamaha’s innovative V-Boost technology, and raised the stakes for the then-new “muscle-cruiser” category. Its looks, while jarring at the time, predated the styling of the BMW R1200C and Harley-Davidson V-Rod. From its headlight nacelle to its squared heads, V-layout and wide, low-slung wheelbase and fat tires, it’s an icon of motorcycling. It has enjoyed a rare 20-plus year production, has built a worldwide fan following with V-Max clubs from France to Japan, and still earns reverence and accolades from top motorcycle publications each model year.

This is a bike built for the moody loner. No factory repli-racer resplendent in rainbow hues … no weekend offroading with the kids. The V-Max is all about wicked attitude in spades, anti-social behavior and burning up the other guy in stoplight to stoplight races. The V-Max was a hooligan bike a decade before the term existed."
- By Chris MacMahan MotorCycle Classics - September/October 2007

YAMAHA
VMX12
V-MAX
I know what you’re thinking’: Did he downshift four times or only three?
“Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself. But being as this as this is. Yamaha V- Max, the most powerful motorcycle in the world, and can blow your doors clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question : ‘Do I feel lucky?’ ‘Well.....do ya, punk?”

Article in Motorcyclist May 1985

c366c3dc71b29cf8060cc567abf06db9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about this new one.
3-2-1 Lift off!

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 53
Here is one that i like.

Attachments

• 28166845_10213191402853341_4146827254246820198_n.jpg
    28166845_10213191402853341_4146827254246820198_n.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 62
"Make sure you have it aimed before you pull the trigger"

Haha - Kyle, and a couple others I've bought parts from here told me - "the first time that boost kicks in, you better have her aimed straight."

No truer words...

Personally I don't believe any gearhead could ever refer to it as, "ugly." Even the Harley boys think it looks bad. It has stood the test of time, if you see one today, it looks like it was purpose-designed for one thing, and that's acceleration. Designed over 33 years-ago, made for a specific purpose, and fuel economy ain't it.

Show someone a pic of a Honda MB-5 and then a VMax. Ask them what they think the purpose of each motorcycle is, they aren't going to get them mixed-up.

I bet some people thing Cameron Diaz is ugly too.

Some people say the V MAX is ugly,i say it's beauty is in it's ugliness.

Personally I don't believe any gearhead could ever refer to it as, "ugly." Even the Harley boys think it looks bad. It has stood the test of time, if you see one today, it looks like it was purpose-designed for one thing, and that's acceleration. Designed over 33 years-ago, made for a specific purpose, and fuel economy ain't it.

Show someone a pic of a Honda MB-5 and then a VMax. Ask them what they think the purpose of each motorcycle is, they aren't going to get them mixed-up.

I bet some people thing Cameron Diaz is ugly too.
I don't think the VMAX is ugly,as for Cameron Diaz,all i can say is Bad Teacher car wash.

I got into an argument with a guy who owns an 84 v65 magna and he is convinced his bike is faster... told him i wasnt gonna play his game, and to line em up. I went up and did a U-turn and dude just rode past me and i havent seen him since. Lol

My thing was, "sure, the v65 WAS the fastest. Till 1985, then yamaha said 'fuck you'to everything else on two wheels."

PS. I have always thought the v65 SABRE was badass.

Latest posts

Back