Deleting rear fender - Lights under grab bar, How??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erikvb

Reaction score
Need some help here. Bought myself a Vmax 2 months ago (yay!!). Loving it.

The tail section of the bike just isn't...what I like. I really like this look:
ruwvit.jpg

Has anyone tried this? I'm struggling with fitting rear lights inside the grab bar in a nice way and deleting the complete rear fender leaves too much room for dirt so get in the wrong places under the saddle.

Anyone have pics of a similar conversion?

Thanks!

Custom Dynamics LED Light bars....double as running/brake and flash 5 time when brake is applied then stay solid. Very bright, very noticeable.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 160
Thanks Danny, I see how this would be an easy conversion but it isn't quite the look i'm looking for.

Not sure if this will help.

I have motion grab rail light mounted and led lights going around it.

Attachments

• P1050966.jpg
    P1050966.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 98
Wait until the banner at the top of the page switches to Exactrep. Go to their site and look in the bodywork section. They have shorty stock-look fenders and single seat conversions. Lots of ideas. Also have a look here. http://www.optimalcarbone.fr/_galeries/vmax-galerie.html

It's the best collection of V-max pics I've come across.

Yo Dave, thanks man. It was fun browsing through there. Seen many with that exact conversion I'm looking for. I wish one of the wold pop out of the woodwork and send me a few close-ups!

Oh by the way...a few prjects on there that went South as far as I'm concerned..

25iy7lu.jpg

SCARY!!!!!:ummm::ummm::ummm:

My 85 had its rear fender bobbed and I do think it looks pretty good but I want to do a full restoration and to put a rear fender back on it, I do have a donor 85 with the fender.

Seems to me the resale value would be better keeping it original, to each there own.

I'm just saying yes it looks better bobbed, the PO just cut it with a hacksaw and used the stock tailight from what I can see.

Attachments

• 00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 134
We sell an reflector conversion to a brake/run light and then simply use a side mount license plate or make your own brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20140508_163816_520.jpg
    IMG_20140508_163816_520.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 107
Since I'm into a classic bobber/cafe racer look, I'm going to try this:

o71xk6.jpg

It will just take a bit of creativity to fit them flush into the bar because I haven't found anyone that offered a plug-and-play kit for the Max.
Maybe get some aluminium bits from the local hardware store and saw and saw and saw.....

Need some help here. Bought myself a Vmax 2 months ago (yay!!). Loving it.

The tail section of the bike just isn't...what I like. I really like this look:
ruwvit.jpg

Has anyone tried this? I'm struggling with fitting rear lights inside the grab bar in a nice way and deleting the complete rear fender leaves too much room for dirt so get in the wrong places under the saddle.

Anyone have pics of a similar conversion?

Thanks!

Here's what I did with a 1/8 X 4 X 4 piece of L-angle and the stock light:

100_5733.jpg. 100_5731.jpg

Since I'm into a classic bobber/cafe racer look, I'm going to try this:

It will just take a bit of creativity to fit them flush into the bar because I haven't found anyone that offered a plug-and-play kit for the Max.
Maybe get some aluminium bits from the local hardware store and saw and saw and saw.....

Where are you in the Netherlands? Im living in germany 52525

My 85, already bobbed, has a 120 tire up front, a 170 in the rear, Mosfet regulator already installed, needs some cleaning up and a 4 pole starter, bought it late in the season, rode it home and it's in the house right now, gonna detail engine, paint it, fuel gauge mod, new starter.

Attachments

• 00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_eEY5QBvyK7j_600x450.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20140929_123303.jpg
    20140929_123303.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20141004_171636_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20141004_171636_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 94
My 85, already bobbed, has a 120 tire up front, a 170 in the rear, Mosfet regulator already installed, needs some cleaning up and a 4 pole starter, bought it late in the season, rode it home and it's in the house right now, gonna detail engine, paint it, fuel gauge mod, new starter.

Looks like you have the original tail light flipped upside down and re-located.

Personally, I would lose the windscreen. It is a bit big. If you like a screen, the original item is much more 'in tune' with the bike (IMHO ofcourse)

16iv86r.jpg

I'm in the Eindhoven area. About 70 km's from Heinsberg (that's 40 mls :).

Really like your Yeti-Max btw

Very close to you is Henny Raats in Sint Oodenrode. I always catch my flights out of Eindhoven. Maastricht is only seasonal. Im bringing my bikes here in January. Just add me up on FB if you ahve it. I go by Fred Sousa

Hi Fred,

I don't have FB...yes indeed. Sorry about that.

I know Eindhoven connects to Porto, I have good friends that live there. love the Foz.

Are you taking your bikes to Eindhoven? or to Raats?

Latest posts

Back