Job Offer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a restaurant in North Kingstown and my chef quit due to some serious personal issues. This forum has been great in so many ways that I thought I'd post the position. This is the job description I posted on Indeed. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is they can email me at [email protected].

Christian

Busy bistro seeks Executive Chef with the ability to lead a kitchen that serves a dynamic restaurant...We have 100 seats in our dining room, 75 seats in our Bar/Lounge, and 50 seats in our busy function room. This team needs a leader in the kitchen that is creative with the food, driven to succeed, and enjoys building a team to do so. Sonoma Bistro is known for being that casual community spot crafting unique and creative food as well as well comfort food classics you could make at home but taste better when made for you. This position requires strong line and expediting skills to keep up with a fast pace. We are incredibly specials driven so the chef is expected to create daily specials as well as two seasonal menus. If driving your own menu, developing your team, and being the best, are on your list of job requirements please forward your resume today.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year

Application Questions

You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:

• How many years of Executive Chef experience do you have?
  • How many years of kitchen management/sous chef experience do you have?
  • Have you completed the following level of education: Associate?
  • Do you have the following license or certification: Serve/Save certificate?

inShare​

Suddenly I'm hungry.

Hope you find a reliable lead.

Only time I was in RI, my brother in Boston invited me up from Miami to attend a Pink Floyd show in Providence. We drove down in a VW beetle, saw a fabulous show, and drove back.

Sonoma Bistro & Wine Bar is THE place to be if your hungry. The food is terrific. If I lived closer I'd eat there 4 times a week. The pastrami sandwiches I go for often. And, the best I ever had. Onion soup or chili on the side. Next week I'm taking a ride there. Nice ride on a Vmax, 120 miles.
No traffic, & really hungry, one hour or so.

Suddenly I'm hungry.

Hope you find a reliable lead.

Only time I was in RI, my brother in Boston invited me up from Miami to attend a Pink Floyd show in Providence. We drove down in a VW beetle, saw a fabulous show, and drove back.

I very possibly was there. I didn't miss many Pink Floyd concerts at the Civic Center.
I'd still go see Roger Waters if he was playing local.

Next time I am up that way I will have to stop in for a bite. My GF and I are wanting to go to Salem next year for her BD.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'm retired and wouldn't mind a part time job. Great at boiling water...
Keep me in mind.

Seriously, sounds like a great place to eat. Hope you find a great chef.

Thank you all. I welcome any of you to come by for a cold one and some grub. I love when friends and family join me at my place and the camaraderie on this forum puts you all firmly in that category. Bill I'm sure I could find something for you to, the commute might be a bit long but you'll never leave hungry. Thank you Steve, I'll see you for lunch and a nice long ride.

Its not an easy task to get someone motivated, dependable, intelligent, creative, and capable. Its a lot to ask but, when you do find them, it is worth paying them a good salary and retaining them. Best of luck in finding the right person.

I'm not in the restaurant biz but face similar challenges recruiting for my industry.

My significant other is a chef, but currently a catering manager and just listening to her talk about her work... man I wouldn't last a week in that industry before losing my shit. I'll let her know about this in case one of the guys there are interested. They got some talent that's being wasted there IMO.

Good luck finding one! I hope they work out!

Latest posts

Back