Rhoy Carter's Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KlausH

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Rhoy Carter? I recently bought his "Beastbike". I am trying to get it running again (he died about 4 years ago). Apparently he was active on this forum. The 85 VMX1200 has had extensive mods. If anyone knew him, or has information on the motorcycle, please PM me. I was able to purchase the bike because I am a friend of his daughter, and the family trusts me.

Sure, I remember Rhoy. He told me once that the carbs on his bike were supposed to be Venture 35mm carbs but turned out to be Venture 34mm's....I don't know if he ever changed them or not. The 34's will work fine with a little switching of jets 'n stuff....again, I don't know if he ever did that either.

He was a good man, I was sad to hear of his passing.

Well, guess I'll have to pull the carb stack off. I was hoping I could get it running by draining the carburetors putting in fresh gas, unsticking the slides, and cleaning the needles, but it did not work. I'll need to partly disassemble them and use my UT parts cleaner.

Well, guess I'll have to pull the carb stack off. I was hoping I could get it running by draining the carburetors putting in fresh gas, unsticking the slides, and cleaning the needles, but it did not work. I'll need to partly disassemble them and use my UT parts cleaner.

If the slides are frozen up you may want to consider a complete teardown/rebuild as there's undoubtedly a lot of other stuff needing attention before the bike will run properly.

Sorry to here about Rhoy. I had no idea. RIP Rhoy.
+1 to Danny's advise on a complete tear apart, inspection/cleaning. If the slides are stuck the jet blocks are most likely crusted up among many other things.

Rhoy Carter. Avatar a one wheel motorcycle ? Post pics of the bike and it may jog some memories here.

Latest posts

Back