Oil pressure slightly higher after oil pipe o-ring replacement.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will fixing the bulging o-ring cause a slight increase in pressure across the whole range? Before replacing, pressure would hit 60psi on a cold startup & idle at 2-4 when hot. It's hitting 65 cold & idle is 8 now. It tops out at 65 revving the motor. The fitting for the oil galley plug from COO was replaced with a banjo fitting. All O-rings for the oil distribution pipes & oil pump plumbing were replaced. Is there anything I could have potentially screwed up that would result in a higher gauge reading?

I''d be happy with 8 psi at idle. I don't think there is a problem. With the oil pump upgrade, o-ring,and puck replacement, I'm getting 5 psi hot at idle. 65 psi cold, is normal at higher rpms. There is a lot of volume at low speeds, but not pressure. I'm guessing that's why our bikes didn't come with an oil pressure gauge. It would be a nightmare for dealerships explaining why pressure is so low at idle.

The newer orings are likely keeping more oil going through the system instead of bypassing the various places it was losing pressure.

Back