Got my Xmas gift today!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1968

Reaction score
I received the seat this morning and I love it! Installed it and went for a ride this beautiful morning in South Florida and what a difference. I feel I have better control of the bike and my butt did not get tired at all :big laugh:

Cheers,

Marcelo

Last edited:
Looks great...lucky man to go for a ride today, definitely jealous..

Thanks! Best time of the year to ride in South Florida. All week was between upper 40's and low 70's

Great looking bike, seat.
I'm jealous as well. Have you ridden down to that "Most Southern Point" marker, at Key West? Always been on my bucket list for destinations, but the weather is just too bloody hot and humid to attempt it, during the summer.
Guess I'm going to have to wait, until I buy a winter residence in Fla.
Cheers!

Great looking bike, seat.
I'm jealous as well. Have you ridden down to that "Most Southern Point" marker, at Key West? Always been on my bucket list for destinations, but the weather is just too bloody hot and humid to attempt it, during the summer.
Guess I'm going to have to wait, until I buy a winter residence in Fla.
Cheers!

Yes I did it but with my Shadow Aero. I will do it with the VMAX for sure. You are right this is the time of the year to go to Key West. During summer the heat and humidity is too much

Your background looks like somewhere on a turnout from US-27. Did you know US-27 starts down in Miami FL by where the Miami Heat play, and you can ride it all the way to by Lake Superior in MI? It's about 1600 miles.

Sean did a good job for you, he's got lots of bases covered when it comes to our VMaxes. A great resource, and helpful w/info if you get stuck, and loaner kits for troubleshooting.

Your background looks like somewhere on a turnout from US-27. Did you know US-27 starts down in Miami FL by where the Miami Heat play, and you can ride it all the way to by Lake Superior in MI? It's about 1600 miles.

Sean did a good job for you, he's got lots of bases covered when it comes to our VMaxes. A great resource, and helpful w/info if you get stuck, and loaner kits for troubleshooting.

You got it US-27 north of i75. WOW I did not know it goes that far away! Awesome

Have your passengers noticed a difference in the comfort of the rear section compared to the original?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

He has a Gen II, he sold the Gen I. And yes, the weather has been spectacular recently here in South FL. This time of year is why I moved from MI to FL. That, and the job market was much better in FL than in MI.

I can tell you the feedback we have from the passengers is very positive!

Alas, but in Michigan the US 27 designation has been largely removed and designated by MDOT with the "child route" US 127. US 27 only went a short way into the U.P. after the Mackinac Bridge was opened in 1956-57 but it was then re-designated in 1960 to the present I 75, thus ending US 27 short run into and brief history in the U.P..
In fact Michigan Indiana and ohio have collaborated to remove US 27 designation to US 127
http://www.michiganhighways.org/listings/HistoricUS-027.html

After US-27 leaves downtown Miami FL where it has its southern origin, it goes NW towards the edge of the Everglades in Miami-Dade County. It then is an interior route through the middle of Florida, skirting Lake Okeechobee and is a major route for the farm products leaving FL to markets and food production facilities. Because of the nature of huge farm-product trucks constantly plying the road, and the use by travelers going long distances north and south in FL, there are often horrific accidents involving big trucks and not-so-big passenger vehicles. Many are head-on, where one driver or the other falls-asleep, crosses the centerline, and you can imagine the rest. For that reason, the road has for decades had the nickname, "Bloody 27."

I'm not an 'over-the-road' biker but when I retire, one of the trips I want to take is to travel on US 27 from FL to MI, at least for a significant part of the trip, instead of just shooting north on I-75. You travel through many smaller more-rural communities, and I think it would be an interesting way to see life away from the interstates.

Having posted about US-27 here in the past, I researched its current state, and was dismayed to see the information that 'Redbone' mentioned here. You would think that the government would want to use the roadways as a way to preserve the heritage of travel in the USA. United States Route Twenty-Seven deserves a better fate than to be dissolved as a path from the Atlantic Ocean/Biscayne Bay FL where it begins, into the heartland of the Great Lakes.

Latest posts

Back