Chinees indicator lenses.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful. I ordered some stock looking, Chinese turn signal lights. They looked really good for the cost.. The 1st time my leg brushed against the left rear turn signal lamp while mounting the bike, it broke off.. I mean, I didn't even feel it hit my ankle,, I just felt my jeans hitting it.. Well, I had to get some used originals, from someone on this forum. I wanted to keep that stock look.

Good luck with those.

I bought this $23 7" headlight from Ebay shipped from China earlier in the year. The bulb gets so hot, the plastic lens cover is distorted. Will need to find another light.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 23
My last set of Metzlers were stamped China on the sidewall. And I was pissed, because I was assured by the Motorcycle Superstore that they were manufactured in Germany. I almost sent them back, but wanted to ride that day. They ended up being good tires. Harder than the German Interacts I'm used to, but wore better.

I have tried multiple times to save money on my Jap/German cars and bikes by ordering Chinese stuff and almost invariably I end up reordering OEM or quality aftermarket and doing the job over again. I'm about as down on Chinese products as anyone can possibly be. The consistently poor quality and shockingly bad materials is something to behold. Not just car parts but just about anything one needs in day to day life. You get what you pay for, and sometimes you dont even get that.

I love phrases like "OEM Quality" or "USA Seller", there is a metric fuckton of Chinese counterfeit junk on the market just as the shamelessly unbranded inferior crap that cost around 10-20% retail on OEM. I have taken my cheap ass down this road and Chinese parts/items/products are just not worth the hassle.

:twocents:

What really pisses me off is when I buy a part that I expect to be a QUALITY aftermarket item and I find out it's just a cheap chinese POS that they charged WAY too much for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I find that they make better electronics than they do mechanical parts.

Over the summer, I picked up this brown smoke windshield for about $50.00, from China EBay store.
IMG_20170925_130646117.jpg

IMHO, I think it looks great on the bike, but, within 2 weeks after installing, I noticed the phillips heads slots, on the mounting bolts, got a little rust building up.

I'll be changing those out for real stainless steel button cap screws.

Last edited:
My two cents:

Everything is made in China....

Okay, not everything but damn close... Target, Walmart, etc.... All or mainly all Chinese stuff...

Even, and this is fairly new, Japanese companies are farming stuff out....to China..

Japan stuff made in China... Wow!

In my experience people are pigeonholing Chinese stuff... In the old days when stuff was first made in "Japan" people said the same thing, junk... Now, not so much...and in some cases it's preferred.... Max (cough) ....

My point is that there is some really bad stuff made in China and believe it or not, some pretty damn good stuff made in China... As with most things, you get what you pay for... Not all Chinese products go for $1 a dozen... Some stuff is even expensive.... And of course there is a difference, like anything or anywhere else.

I have seen junk and I have seen great stuff... One of the big areas for me at first was hobby parts, I used for building video drones.... Fixed wing, rotary, multirotor, etc... Many parts these days if not the vast majority are from China and many parts are very well made....especially LIPO batteries all kinds of electronics and motors of all shapes and sizes and types... Some Chinese brands are making a mark in different areas like telecom and various electronics devices....

I think the trick is simply to use your head...and check reviews... If they are offering something that normally costs $100 for $5 then you shouldn't expect to get a diamond in the ruff... On the other hand you may find something going for $40-$50 that is.....

I am not a fan of farming out manufacturing but things today are what they are and most of us need despereately to save money and good deals can be found....

I bought my mom a knife block set for Christmas and from my research it cost about $500 to get out of Chinese manufacturing on a full set (12-18 pieces). I went with a low-mid range henckel international 18 piece set (made in china) that had really good reviews. It was $240 on Amazon. We shall see how it holds up. One can spend a lot of money on cutlery, that is for sure.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back