suggestions for windscreen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a few windshields over the years and currently have a Memphis Shade Hellcat for colder temps and long distance riding and have a MRA Speed windscreen for daily riding.

The MRA shield is on the bike 90% of the time and does a good job keeping the wind of your chest and head.

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 35
I had a BMW 'boxer,' an R100RT, with the wider fairing than the sporty R100RS. The bike was white and candy-apple red, my color choice.

I encountered an unexpected benefit on the expressway. Many times, when I came-up behind a car, they would unexpectedly move to the right lane, and it took me a bit of time to realize why. They saw the profile of a Florida Highway Patrol motorcycle trooper in the rear-view mirror, and moved to the right! "Gee, thanks!" I would say to myself, as I sailed-by.

Thanks for all the offers...

Please forgive me for not jumping on one right off... I just spent my allowance on new shocks so between that and the holidays, I'll need a few days to recover....

That last one looks like a Max doing an impression of a Police bike, which isn't really what I am going for... although I'd guess it provides the best wind protection...

I can't wait for Spring....

I had a BMW 'boxer,' an R100RT, with the wider fairing than the sporty R100RS. The bike was white and candy-apple red, my color choice.

I encountered an unexpected benefit on the expressway. Many times, when I came-up behind a car, they would unexpectedly move to the right lane, and it took me a bit of time to realize why. They saw the profile of a Florida Highway Patrol motorcycle trooper in the rear-view mirror, and moved to the right! "Gee, thanks!" I would say to myself, as I sailed-by.

Well there's a +1 for the Police Max... lol

I had a similar benefit when I used to drive a plain looking Crown Vic with tinted windows... I'd pass a cop on the side of the road fast enough to pull some paint off his car, seeing him at the last second, I'd wave, and he'd scratch his head and stay parked... :D

Latest posts

Back