What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to change out my broken center stand, only to find out after wrenching for about 2 hours, trying to get one nut loose, found out that I cannot remove that bolt with the muffler bolt clamp sitting so close. It will not slide out.. So,, unless you're ready to drop the muffler out the way - which I'm not, the busted one will remain in there for now.
bolt too close.jpg

Today I replaced the 2.75" inserts and open caps with 2" inserts, turn downs and fresh packin on my Marks SS w/12" cans. Wanted to tone down a bit for longer rides. Props to Mark again!!

Attachments

• 2018-08-15 17.06.06.jpg
    2018-08-15 17.06.06.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Swapped out the worn out old handgrips for a nice set of gel grips. Got them on EBay for 5 bucks. They're bigger in diameter, and my old arthritic fingers can hang on to them more comfortably. The metal trim rings are Titanium in color, although I'm certain they are just machined aluminum. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them with red inserts, but they still look OK. I had to ditch the bar end weights, and cut holes to fit the bar end mirrors. They definitely were worth the money.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 16
Had a little drag strip fun. The Venture runs well and I got a bit too aggressive on this particular launch. Ran a best of 12.87 @ 104. Not bad for pushing 1000lb bike down the track in less then ideal weather conditions (Density Altitude was 4000'). A good day and track would see this bike easily in the mid 12's. A lighter rider might even get a very high 11 though it would take a very good launch and good weather.

Attachments

• 39568574_10214031830583641_6967871709412065280_o.jpg
    39568574_10214031830583641_6967871709412065280_o.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
Had a little drag strip fun. The Venture runs well and I got a bit too aggressive on this particular launch. Ran a best of 12.87 @ 104. Not bad for pushing 1000lb bike down the track in less then ideal weather conditions (Density Altitude was 4000'). A good day and track would see this bike easily in the mid 12's. A lighter rider might even get a very high 11 though it would take a very good launch and good weather.

WEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! :clapping:

Later, Bill

Too cool. Hot rod limo!

Vinnie

WOW,Im embarrassed to say I could see under her dress. So does your Venture venture sort of prove that a max can be tuned to run dual exhaust to post 12s at the strip Sean? Im referencing past posts about about them robbing power.

WOW,Im embarrassed to say I could see under her dress. So does your Venture venture sort of prove that a max can be tuned to run dual exhaust to post 12s at the strip Sean? Im referencing past posts about about them robbing power.

This setup is a modified Vmax Marks 4-2 system with some rear pipe modification, a modification to the mid pipes, and then the custom mufflers. All full headers (4-2 or 4-1) will make similar power. The 4-4 stuff will kill power.

How about the sound, I would think the duels sound better. I really like that look.

There is some video on the Morleys Muscle facebook page. It turns heads for sure when you fire it up since it's not what they expect a touring bike to sound like.

Wooowee!!! I found the video! Man I thought mine sounded good. Big Blue sounds like the devils scream when you cracked the throttle, its so crisp you might think its injected. Love that idle note too. Great Job!!!

Got it back together, after putting new grommets on the valve cover bolts, removing the old cracked coils, and doing my diy cops. I also put the stock muffler back on.

Bike runs great!

Latest posts

Back