How much oil?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trying oil change by myself for the first time...looks like Rotella T with Bosch 3323 is the way to go. Mine is a 2006 VMAX
All, need some help please. Drained the oil, replaced the filter with a Bosch and filled up around 3 liters of oil and the level is already above the max mark. I checked how much I drained and it also looks to be below 3 liters. Mine is a 2006 model.

What could be the reason? Do I drain some back to bring it between the lines? Advise please

did you drain the oil with the bike on its side stand or centre stand, when I drained mine recently on the centre stand I found I still had to rock the bike from side to side a bit to get all of the oil out, I actually put a half inch block of wood under the left side of the stand to allow it to drain better while getting myself some refreshment,
when putting oil in you will need to start the engine to circulate the fresh oil into the filter and to the top of the engine before you can get an accurate level reading,
do you know if the oil level was correct before you drained it out ?

did you drain the oil with the bike on its side stand or centre stand, when I drained mine recently on the centre stand I found I still had to rock the bike from side to side a bit to get all of the oil out, I actually put a half inch block of wood under the left side of the stand to allow it to drain better while getting myself some refreshment,
when putting oil in you will need to start the engine to circulate the fresh oil into the filter and to the top of the engine before you can get an accurate level reading,
do you know if the oil level was correct before you drained it out ?

I drained the oil on center stand. Good tips on how to drain for the future. Will keep in mind.

Can i start the bike with the oil level showing higher right now or should I drain some before I do so?

I'd try it for a short burst of maybe 40 seconds or so to see if it goes down once it has circulated, quite a bit will go into the filter

Latest posts

Back