Day's Inn Somerset.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my reservations for Thunder in June. The last 2 years the Banquet was great and it was close. Hopefully we can do that again and have a choice of rides to different areas.

Ron

We will definitely have the Friday night BBQ. There will be no banquet, but perhaps we will have a Saturday night dinner ride and then all end up back in the parking lot for the nightly festivities.

So will there be a tech looking bikes over this year.

Im not doing the dyno this year. Maybe we can have a burnout competion or a rolling burnout competion.:biglaugh:

I will have a gopro on the west va ride well beekeeper will. It might take us to 5 or 6 pm this year because I will be over seeing the gopro operator to make sure he gets video. Im thinking if we get alot of short video it will go better. Its still looking like we have 7 going this year.if more want to go I will need a lead rider for a second group that will leave out 5 minutes after the first group. Or we could set up a group with a slower pace. But like mike says if you guys dont speak up he wont know what you want. Nows the time to let him know.

So will there be a tech looking bikes over this year.

Not sure at this time. Need ideas and volunteers for this.

Sean are you doing a shirt this year.

I know I'm not designing anything new for this year. You should just contact him directly.

Im not doing the dyno this year. Maybe we can have a burnout competion or a rolling burnout competion.
biglaugh.gif

Not sure how we can do something like this without attracting the COPS again. Just use horsing around in the back lot always brings the COPs. Couldnt imagine what would happen with a burnout contest. If I dont get feedback for the dyno, I wont reserve it since I need a minimum of 12 people for the guy to come to us.

Once again, Thunder is an event for all our VMAX community. Without everyone speaking up and helping out, this event would not be possible. If we do not get enough people stepping up to the plate to get an agenda, then it will just be left open for a free for all instead.

:ummm: Free for all. What happen to all the people that worked togather on the thunder event years before. Are they not doing it this year?

To be honest, it was only two of us. Things just usually fall into place. This year we shall see since I'm not getting much response back from all the participants as usual.

:ummm: Free for all. What happen to all the people that worked togather on the thunder event years before. Are they not doing it this year?

Scott Trimpey in Stoystown has offered to hold a BBQ on either Thursday or Saturday evening or both.
He has a few acres of land with a big 2-3 car garage and a fire pit out back.
We had a quick Tech session at his place last year after the parade and did Morley's Bounce test on 4 Max's and adjusted the Steering head bearings.
Everyone will just need to throw in for food and drinks.
He also said he'd be happy to put together a local ride.
We'll hammer out the details a bit closer to Thunder.

I'll talk to Sam Buchkovich (BigRubbers4x4) about leading a local ride as well.

As for a Tech session, I'm sure someone could pack a Synch Tool (Carbtune or similar) and help anyone that needs a synch.

I like the Friday night BBQ gets everybody together to solidify weekend plans. Having a second BBQ is ok but possibly a short ride to a restaurant would be nice. The place we stopped for prime rib last year was nice (aside from the local farm smells! :) ). Sorry, but I do not remember the name of the restaurant that Jim Piscatello led us to, so hopefully someone can chime in to help me out. Mike Moore the ride to the Top of the Mountain Bar was changed, Jim took us to another location since there was already run to Top of the Mountain Bar on Friday. The TotMB is a nice destination ride though.
Locals Jim, Sam, and now Scott Trimpy add local knowledge and experience on getting on great roads without getting mired down in congested local areas.
Mike Evans, count me in for the Friday WV ride, sounds like a good run.

That could be a nice ride since its about an hours ride away from the hotel in Somerset, PA. I know the Top of the Mountain restaurant from the year prior he took us to was nice too. Either way if someone could lead a ride there, I'll schedule it up for Saturday dinner.

Redbone what time will you be leaving the days inn for your diner ride. I want to go but i wont be back to days inn until 230pm-3pm. Are you going on the saturday ride to wv with me.

I thought it he WV ride was going to be on Friday? If we are back by 3:30 I should be able go on your ride VmaxMike.
I don't have a set time for the dinner ride as of yet, I'm waiting to see what time Michael Moore sets up dinner @ Traditions, then I can plan the leave time from the hotel.

Vmax-Mike is doing a ride Friday and Saturday. Do I need to call Traditions to alert them of a group coming in? I guess I should call, but not sure what kind of attendance we will have since I didnt go last year. Brian, can you tell me approximately how many people came to dinner there? I will start populating the VMOA Thunder event calendar as soon as I get some time to compile it.....plenty of time to work on this. I have confirmation of a tech session on either Friday or Saturday. Not sure exactly of what but it will be for 3-4 hours.

Thanks,

Mike

I thought it he WV ride was going to be on Friday? If we are back by 3:30 I should be able go on your ride VmaxMike.
I don't have a set time for the dinner ride as of yet, I'm waiting to see what time Michael Moore sets up dinner @ Traditions, then I can plan the leave time from the hotel.

Latest posts

Back