20 Tank Review on Madmax 300,3"Over

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentsvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
20 tanks and 2000 miles on the new set-up.
According to my camera clock the Madmax 300 mod started on my bike 10/13, and I finally test rode on 11/13. My rating scale on a 1 to 10, 10 being best. The assembly is posted as a complete bolt-on I give an 8, as there were sub assembly mods I had to have done. Those lead me to my customer service experience with Paul Civitello and his wife Teresa. My rating there is 10 and higher if I could. I had sought to have my ride height lower than the kit was set-up for and Paul remachined my shock mounts per a sketch I had scribbled out the 15 degree's I needed and corrected some machine work on the custom axle. Paul is a CNC Houdini for the set-up and quick turn around time for my mods to the set-up to get it just the way I envisioned this looking and performing. By the way, as I was prepping for the switch over I knew my U-joint was on its way out and mentioned it to Paul, three days later I had it back from his shop in Connecticut, we were both surprised as it was shipped U.S.P.S. I have spoken with Ed about his gears locking up at 70mph. and seen the frankinwelds posted of the gears of that set-up, I also spoke to Ed about some slop I felt. Now since the gear posting Paul has redesigned the set-up to gear and not a mixer sprocket type that I heard of. Now the slop I spoke of, I had a leak in the Venture rearend I run and had to a dealership here change out the seal because of a specialty tool I don't have and figured I would have them check the gears setting for play. It required shimming! and now is as tight as a...well you know. Now my machine is flawless, smooth and was always quiet, I have grabbed the transfercase after running hard and its barely warm. Paul also did a real rebuild on my carbs, now I run all stock jetting and the air box at 5280 Ft. this machine SCREAMS! and starts and idles like its injected! Sounds so good I cant believe I ever ran the bull#$%@ I had done at first. My pics I think speak for themselves on my 85 basket case in 2011 to what it is now. Thanks for taking time to read this. Thank you Paul Civitello.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20131201_134442.jpg
    20131201_134442.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 126
Excellent work! The 300 is a bit big for my personal taste (240 for me) but looks quite nice on your machine! Gotta be a blast to ride!

Paul's wife is Elizabeth I belive . I had a mild MM bike twenty years ago. Still have the jacket

Obviously this project has been a "labour of love" for you. Congratulations!
Looks great. I also checked out your album. Always a good idea to take lots of pics. You can re-live the build anytime, and appreciate what you have accomplished.
Also, that bellypan is just soooooo stylin' - I can see a similar one on the street version of my bike. This winter's fabrication project!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Elizabeth yes Elizabeth, I'm sorry, I do know better. Man do I appreciate the compliments from all who replied, any input is important to me from this forum. I have very extensive and detailed pics of each mod and will gladly put together an album in chronological order.

Gent, I'm really glad we have become friends and it's nice to have someone who appreciates the big tire setup as much as I do. It's not an easy simple project to have one of these setups but once it's dialed in there's nothing quite like that feeling of the grip that you have when you twist the throttle and it just grabs like its attached to the road. And as you know its definetly a labor of love to stick it out till you have it just the way you want it to work. Just like any other mod you can do to our bikes some swear by it and some swear at it. Lol, but feel free to call anytime you want and if there's anything I can answer for you I'm more than happy to. Another reason this is such a cool forum that you get to know guys who have been down very similar paths to reach the same goal. To have a very unique badass bike that is formed to its owners ideal. Stay in touch buddy. Ed

Great write up/review on the rearend. I too have one of these I hope to run someday. I found Ed to be invaluable source of knowledge and experience regarding these parts. Another reason why this Forum rocks. Only problem was you didn't post the ass end pictures in your post!
Thanks again for the thread.

wow wow man sweet sleeper, I like it...

Latest posts

Back