Air Box Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have to remove the entire box or does it come apart in the middle? Can you just remove the top part to do the mod, remove the panel. Also did you notice a big difference in performance. I had the gen 1's many years ago but this is my first gen 2 and I love it. It's a beast. Thanks for your help.

Little late i know but what other forum. The link above is bs and if you goigle starvmaxforum you get something ither than a forum.

Little late i know but what other forum. The link above is bs and if you goigle starvmaxforum you get something ither than a forum.

That forum unfortunately is not longer around. Lots and lots of info gone, damn shame to, it was dedicated to the 2nd gen.

Figures. So why arent more folks on here because this seems to be it? Thanks though for clarifying.

Figures. So why arent more folks on here because this seems to be it? Thanks though for clarifying.

I can't answer that, but I know a few of those members came over here. Some didn't like this particular forum. Maybe like that forum not everybody knows about this one I dunno. But there was a plethora of knowledge on that forum. This forum is more for the 1st gen. But it's been more active on the 2nd gen side more now than it was 6-7 years ago. I went to the other forum before I bought my 2nd gen and did hours of reading on mods. Shortly after I bought my 18 it went inactive.

By the way, We are no offering the retaining bracket for people who don't want to fabricate their own. I also have some filters on hand (The blue versions)

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_155300.jpg
    IMG_20200215_155300.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200215_155425.jpg
    IMG_20200215_155425.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 77
By the way, We are no offering the retaining bracket for people who don't want to fabricate their own. I also have some filters on hand (The blue versions)
What is the difference between those two filters? Which one gives better preformance?

They are both going to perform well. The K&N is more expensive is all.

Do you still have the stock exhaust?
Yes, everything stock and will probably keep stock exhaust. Looking at doing air box and ECU flash but didn’t want to do air box if it leaned out the motor too much. Still undecided about cat delete.

Yes, everything stock and will probably keep stock exhaust. Looking at doing air box and ECU flash but didn’t want to do air box if it leaned out the motor too much. Still undecided about cat delete.

You'll be fine then.

I highly recommend the re-flash even on a stock bike. It fixes all of the "quirks" in the factory fueling.

Sean, are you using the retainer bracket so as to run with the top of the airbox permanently off?

Latest posts

Back