Vmax Needles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the different needles available.

Attachments

• needles_edited.jpg
    needles_edited.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,317
Dayumn!! :surprise:

What a huge difference in the stage 1 and 7 needles I remember you telling me they were different but I didnt realize that much!

I am running stage 1 needles with my ind air filters, air correctors and 165 DJ mains and I am smooth all the way through up to 10K
Guess I may be running a lil rich on the idle.

:)

You can try turning your mixture screws and see if that takes care of it.

Mark

I am satisfied how it runs right now. I am so tired of messing with it. I guess I am past the point of thinking "maybe if I do this it will have more power" I am more to "If it runs good I am not messing with it"

I am satisfied how it runs right now. I am so tired of messing with it. I guess I am past the point of thinking "maybe if I do this it will have more power" I am more to "If it runs good I am not messing with it"

:rofl_200:Sounds alot like me.. I've done the "well just one more tweek..Ahhh sheeeeittt, time to start over" more times then I care to remember, with my bikes and other things I've fabbed in the garage.

Yeah no doubt. It now seems like a hassle to work on a problem. I can remember a time when I used to enjoy and relax working on my bike with the thought "ohh this should make it better" When it comes to tuning the vmax carburetion its very fusterating in the begining trying to learn it. Its almost like spackling if it works well dont go back over it trying to make it better.
Now its just an excuse to get away from the ol lady to go out to the shop and drink beer. Of course you have to put grease on your t shirt before going back into the house so it looks like you were doing something.:rofl_200:

I have a question,

I want to get rid of the air box and install either uni filters or k & n filters on my 2000 vmax with the hole shot slip ons.

Which jet kit is the best to go with ? I`ve heard alot about stage 1 and 7 but, I don`t know the difference between the two. I want more power and a little bigger sound. because I will probably have the shop do the job (I have a mechanic that loves working on the v-max)

Once again I am seeking the advice of the elders.lol

<<Dave>

This bike will have plenty of power for me.....:eusa_dance:

I just need to get it sounding goooooood and running right and I will be happy:clapping:

Right now my lawnmower sounds more powerful than my bike:bang head:

Dayumn!! :surprise:

What a huge difference in the stage 1 and 7 needles I remember you telling me they were different but I didnt realize that much!

I am running stage 1 needles with my ind air filters, air correctors and 165 DJ mains and I am smooth all the way through up to 10K
Guess I may be running a lil rich on the idle.

Hey,

The guys bike that I put the vgas last week had a complete stage 7 that I removed.

I noticed his intake passages were really black, wet, sooty and carboned up on the back of the valves.

All signs of being way rich I think.

Out of curiousity I dissected his carbs he left over at my house and they are 165 mains, needles on the 3rd clip away from the pointed end, Stage 7 springs and of course the air correctors.

All the other jets were stock.

just installed some factory pro needles today. seems to work real nice with the muscle carb kit.

hello I have a 1999 Vmax, with little hold on the Vboost: doens't ride smoothly.which needles should I install (and where to buy) and should I modify mij air intake too or can it stay the same?

do u mean little throttle in the vboost range? 6k-7k? and what is a mij air intake?

Think he means 'my' air intake Garrett.

makes sense to me!

hello I have a 1999 Vmax, with little hold on the Vboost: doens't ride smoothly.which needles should I install (and where to buy) and should I modify mij air intake too or can it stay the same?

well are you completely stock otherwise? if so you should be pretty damn close as-is. I've never really heard anyone messing with stock setups unless elevation demands it. try running some cleaner thru the carbs? seafoam or its equivalent out there?

to fully understand though, can you give a better description of your complete setup? elevation? carbs? exhaust?

This bike will have plenty of power for me.....:eusa_dance:

I just need to get it sounding goooooood and running right and I will be happy:clapping:

Right now my lawnmower sounds more powerful than my bike:bang head:
So that's why you can go 152 miles before..... well, PUSH :clapping:

Hey Mark, when going back and forth to stage 1 vs stage 7, are there any recommendations where to start? So if i'm at x on stage 7 now and my cruise is good, where should I start on a stage 1 if i think my midrange is rich as hell?

just wondering...

Does anyone know which clip setting is best for the stock adjustable 1985 needles? Not home right now to check but I think there are 5 positions. With the top (flat side) being position 1.

Stock needles are NOT adjustable. They can however be shimmed if needed.

If you have adjustable needles, they are DJ (dynojet) Stage 1 or Stage 7.

There's no 'default' setting - it depends on what exhaust, air filters, and altitude the bike's being used at.

Latest posts

Back