cheapo foot pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
After a long weekend run, I found I needed front foot pegs. My legs and ass got cramped. So I had some pegs from another bike project and put them on. This was the fastest simplest way to do it, LOL. I drilled a hole in the crash bar,...installed a piece of pipe inside so they wouldn't crush ,...put the long bolt through with red Lock-tight, and cranked it tight. Its kinda Redneck, but It Works. very solid...they don't swivel like the clamp ones I've used before.

foot%20pegs%20002_zpsn7yyzz5z.jpg

foot%20pegs%20003_zpseb4ajhts.jpg

foot%20pegs%20001_zpsd1fq1dic.jpg

I think I might just do the same thing. Quick fix to a problem I experience every time I ride.

why dont you just put your foot on the crash bar?

The frame braces push my legs out a little farther and the bars are not wide enough, plus they are shiny slippery chrome and your feet just slide off with ridding boots on.
The pegs I installed are "angled" back to keep my boots from sliding "outwards" and off.

curious is that in usa most riders install forward sets and in europe most people look for some that offer a more sport positions.
wider country,wider travels?

curious is that in usa most riders install forward sets and in europe most people look for some that offer a more sport positions.
Definitely.
On longer rides I use my OEM crash guards as foot rests but I like the stock foot peg position for better control in the curves.

Probably more fossilized owners in U.S. and Canada, required more room to stretch out cramping legs, and take pressure off of aching backs:biglaugh:
Cheers!

I totally get it. I need to consider this also, in some form or fashion. Tired butt and legs cramping on long runs. Those look great...nice fabrication.

A lot less expensive them the sets we make. The stock width on the guards just isn't wide enough especially on the waterpump side. The folding pegs make all the difference.

Attachments

• Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 2011-05-21_15-08-42_850.jpg
    2011-05-21_15-08-42_850.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
WOW,...I Like those ALOT ! Had I have seen those this winter,..they'd be on my bike right now. Nice Fab !!

Hello, where can a buy a set of these for my '06 vmax? Please let me know. Thanks, Jamie.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I have a solution that has worked for me. I used those Refined cycle highway pegs and put some generic HD pegs on them but still I needed widen the stance even more and moving them out was nice to so I snagged some of these adapter dealies off Ebay and it's about perfect now. Pic coming shortly.

Latest posts

Back