Later

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Later Folks,

Hope y'all enjoy having fun playing with firefly. A place that tolerates this type of behavior is not for me so y'all can have it. I have other things to do...
If my time spent screwing around on forums and the internet isn't enjoyable then what's the point?
I do hope that at some point you are able to figure out what level of behavior is over the line.
I do not have a problem with any one on this forum except one person, and all in all what is happening is not as bad as I have seen on other forums but it's a game I do not want to play to ANY degree.

I have seen alot of forums go away, dwindle, or just die on the vine without maturing from this type of conduct, I sincerely hope that it does not happen here because this forum has a very promising future and has a lot to offer the Vmax community.

The good guys; you know who you are, well I enjoyed it.

Later.....
Rusty

Edited by G Man for content.

Last edited:
That's a real shame. If anyone has any influence with Rusty, try to get him back for just one more try. If nothing changes, he can leave knowing it.

Rusty, this is the best V Max forum on the net. You are an important part of this place. Ultimately, you will have to do what feels best for you. However, if you would stick around, you can pull up personal profiles and add them to your ignore list if that helps. I would like to see everyone stay and make a fresh start. We can do it. It does take more than one to argue, so lets all take the initiative to stop trouble before it gets a chance to start. I for one will be doing a better job from now helping to keep this place comfortable for everyone. So take no offence if I edit some posts and close some threads.

Take care and hope to talk to you soon,
G Man

saying " mike's horns look like a kids bike" makes rusty say I have a problem with my upbringing and start all the bashing together with mike
then says I am childish, don't you think I will respond to that? what would you guys do?

when I posted about oil additive mike started attacking me personally , did you guys moderate that? go back and read mike's and rusty's posts then decide.

I have seen posts here criticizing how bikes looks negatively and no one bashed another.

firefly said:
saying " mike's horns look like a kids bike" makes rusty say I have a problem with my upbringing and start all the bashing together with mike
then says I am childish, don't you think I will respond to that? what would you guys do?

when I posted about oil additive mike started attacking me personally , did you guys moderate that? go back and read mike's and rusty's posts then decide.

I have seen posts here criticizing how bikes looks negatively and no one bashed another.
No the issue was the trash you were posting to them both in PMs and in wfcall's thread where he stated he didn't want you PM him. I don't know what happened to your ability to post responsibly but the fact you still can't comprehend why Rusty left, I'm changing your access to moderated posting rights. This means everything you post, I'm going to have to approve/edit as necessary, please grow up with your posts, so this isn't a permenant thing.

This reminds me of a situation on the www.bigbikeworld.com forum. We had more than one instance of a member stirring up the normal calmness with his opnions. Instead of ignoring him, members ( myself included ) finally lite him up. He got mad( he was crazy ) threatened some moderators, was warned and finally banished.
I've seen nothing here to compare to the BS that occures on other, less civil sites. Certianly nothing a little ignoring would eventually end. :argue000:

Last edited:
Buster Hymen said:
No the issue was the trash you were posting to them both in PMs and in wfcall's thread where he stated he didn't want you PM him. I don't know what happened to your ability to post responsibly but the fact you still can't comprehend why Rusty left, I'm changing your access to moderated posting rights. This means everything you post, I'm going to have to approve/edit as necessary, please grow up with your posts, so this isn't a permenant thing.

No need for that I will leave.

Don't do it Rusty, I have been in the same situation as you are now , and left over one member I (and most other members) could just not get a long with. In the end I realized it would have been far better to just have stuck around and ignored the offending member for the sake of all the freinds I did have on the site..

like many have allready said a little ignoring will go along way...

This is the last and only time I will comment on any of this.
Firefly has been banned from posting in another forum....only 1 other member here besides myself and firefly know which one that is.
I only wish each and everyone could act mature.
I have MANY times NOT responded to something I didnt agree with.
The ONLY time I will respond to childish behaviour is when someone is bashing another member for no reason.
Firefly my friend, I do believe you are a good person deep down inside but I also think you are doing this for attention, which, I'm afraid will ultimately be negative attention in the end!
I feel all this started when you were banned from posting in that "other" group, so you feel the need to "get even" by disrupting this group.
I am stating my feelings only and wish not to be slammed for it....so NO nasty PM's to me firefly......I am above the garbage that has been throw around.
As a side note..... and I mean NO disrespect to the moderators here, I am in the process of starting my own board for vmaxes.
I've been wanting to try it for some time now, HOWEVER, I will NOT leave this one.....I feel this is , by far , THE BEST one I have been a part of.
The ideas here.....good..... friendliness.... great..... pictures of HOT babes on bikes.....EXCELLENT!
The baby-ish slams and comments.....RUDE and uncalled for!
When I get my board going each and everyone of you are invited..... including firefly.
BUT.....no childish games.....if you dont like someones ideas or think their bikes mods are dumb or ugly.... simply state.... "not in my taste" or something else subtle.

Max01red said:
Don't do it Rusty, I have been in the same situation as you are now , and left over one member I (and most other members) could just not get a long with. In the end I realized it would have been far better to just have stuck around and ignored the offending member for the sake of all the freinds I did have on the site..

like many have allready said a little ignoring will go along way...
Most members have no idea of the severity of the offenses causing Rusty to leave our group. They were edited out and it's a shame it had to get that far. Ignoring an individual only works when they post and NO ONE responds to his posts. If I post and no one responds to my posts, I know I'm in the dog house and will certainly take the hint. A warning should suffice for everybody. It's encouraging to hear that posts will be moderated closer before all hell breaks loose again.

I know I'm new but I'm pretty level headed. So I will comment. Not to form an opinion on who did what because I don't know, nor do I think it's called for. I plan on being here a very long time, I think It's a great board. But why must these kinds of comments by made. I for one like the freedom to speak freely and I like to see my post made as soon as I make it. I don't want to have to wait a day or two to see my post. (other board).

Do I think it is the rights of the forums members to forward an opinion to help decide if someone gets the boot. (yes) If it stops the BS. I for one hate to loose a member and I'm sure all of us feel the same way. But when you bash someone - that person should be given a big strike against them and everyone should be able to know it. On the second, all posts are screened, and a third time your gone. Period.
You can't do this - either bash or bash back.
Cutting up someone's bike is like bashing one's girlfriend, wife, mother....ect. No wonder they get pissed.
We are here as members it;s not a right. If we want to stay here then we must act accordingly. If not, so long we don't need this on the forum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the next day now when I'm adding (editing) to my post. I just got home and was thinking. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and let the mods handle it and kept any opinion I had to myself. What I did say is not rocket science. I haven't been here long enough to get to know allot of what is going on and I did not comment in efforts to persuade any action to be take on anyone. We are all here because (of the range in knowledge base ) if we knew everything there was to know about a VMax. There wouldn't be a need to ask questions nor to help anyone else. But I hope from this point forward.....we can all get along, I really don't want this board to get a reputation as a member bashing forum. It makes it hard to mod and If it continues I'm sure we will all in the end be looking for somewhere to go.

Last edited:
Robbarrie said:
I know I'm new but I'm pretty level headed. So I will comment. Not to form an opinion on who did what because I don't know, nor do I think it's called for. I plan on being here a very long time, I think It's a great board. But why must these kinds of comments by made. I for one like the freedom to speak freely and I like to see my post made as soon as I make it. I don't want to have to wait a day or two to see my post. (other board).

Do I think it is the rights of the forums members to forward an opinion to help decide if someone gets the boot. (yes) If it stops the BS. I for one hate to loose a member and I'm sure all of us feel the same way. But when you bash someone - that person should be given a big strike against them and everyone should be able to know it. On the second, all posts are screened, and a third time your gone. Period.

Cutting up someone's bike is like bashing one's girlfriend, wife, mother....ect. No wonder they get pissed.
We are here as members it;s not a right. If we want to stay here then we must act accordingly. If not, so long we don't need this on the forum.

Very well said..

I think Buster and Gman are doing the right thing by moderating posts, Not everyone's just his. That's the fair thing to do. If someone continues to try and stir up things, then they can decide to ban them.
I love this forum and I hope wfcall gives us another chance. The more the merrier I always say.
And I'll say it again...
If you haven't got anything nice to say... Then don't say anything at all.
Debating an issue can be done without atacking another person. All you have to do is state your facts and cite your sources in a respectful manner and not resort to name calling and inuendos.
That's my 2 bits on the subject.

wow, that didn't take long! LOL firefly has a history on lists it seems.....good luck guys, and don't leave on the basis of one member....i only get on the boards once in awhile now....got alot going on. actually riding alot even though it is december in pa! wouldn't know it! LOL got about 8500 plus miles on the max this year and counting....see ya.....

firefly didnt happen to be that VMUSLIM guy on the yahoo boards that kept spamming all the i love allah crap did he?

after reading this thread i feel like some of the things i say/do on here are very borderline inapropriate so ill calm down as well.

i dont want to see anyone leave, isnt there a reasonable agreement we can come to?

Robbarrie said:

Very well said and very true. No one has the corner on taste. It's like noses, everyone has one. Those that need the input of others so they can join the rest of the sheep and be accepted, don't have the backbone to be an individual. Why suppress someone's talents and imagination? Anything new is creativity, if we like it or not. Those that made and showed their own mods, aren't doing it for the approval of others. It's done for the various possibilities and the encouragement to have others use their own imagination to be creative and not just buy what others are buying. It's not the end result that counts but the effort and creativity of the individual. The end result is only a matter of taste and NOBODY has the right to say that HIS taste is any better than the next guy's. If criticism is needed by some, then there should be a "critic's corner", where people can throw stones at those that dare to display what they made. Personally I don't have the need to bash and would rather help someone that needs it.

End of sermon

sorry folks, but I've been enlightend and so I feel it's only right to edit what I posted. I'm still happy with firefly being censored but I needed to retract what I said about WFcall.

Last edited:
Calimus, one thing you should realize is that most give an opinion based on what they feel or know. Being in a relaxed mode without having actually lived through something puts an altogether different light on the matter. The question is, what would you have done being in Rusty's shoes? You really don't know because you have little knowledge of what really happened PLUS how you would have reacted in his place? We react much differently when stressed than we would normally. It was a little more complicated than what you know and by him removing his mods? No doubt he thought that his contributions weren't appreciated. Don't know for sure but will not judge him on his actions. He's been a straight up guy from the get go and that's the way I will remember him if he doesn't return.

At any rate, I don't want to stir the pot any more then I have. If ya think what I've said is too harsh or out of place, just tell me to STFU :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back