Good mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From all my posts you all know by now I have a 86 max. It has supertrapps and everything else is stock.
What mods should I do first? What do you think of the T-boost? Maybe a fork brace? Anyway of getting the discoloration off the beginning of the supertrapps? Is the K&N a noticeable difference? Anything else you can think of? I don't want to go crazy with the mods and worry about the reliability, I just want it to function as well as possible.
As always thanks for the help.:cheers:

If you're talking about the blue to goldish discoloration on chrome, there's a product called Blue Job that works real well. It's a powder, and you dip a soft wet cloth in the powder, then buff it by hand. Bad bluing takes a couple treatments, but it worked for me.

Congrats on the newly acquired VMax! :banana::cheers::rocket bike: To figure out what the best mods to do first, you have to ask yourself what do you really want to do with the bike. If you want more power, than I'd look into a full exhaust system and carb work (ie Stage 7). If you want it to handle better, than look into front springs, rear shocks, braces, radials, etc. If you want it look better, than there is a lot of after market bolt on goodies, mostly in Europe, but some in NA. So, as you can see, it is not always an easy decision to pick the first few mods you want to do. Let us know what you want from the bike and we can help you out.:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back