cant we just get along?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfixinmopars

Reaction score
its sad,when riding the max,the harley guys frown,and dont wave.when im riding my new road king classic,i frown,and go slow,cuz theres no other way,but its alot more comfortable.after riding the classic all day,its fun to get on the "cheap rice bike",and smile till my butt cries.just the sound alone keeps me smilin'. just some thoughts.

must be a yankee thing

Harleys Buells Jap bikes we all wave to each other cause we all know we are fighting and trying to survive the cage drivers on there cell phone

I dont understand the whole wave thing period. Just because someone rides a bike that means you are suppose to wave at them. I get sick of waving at other bikers. Why do It? To me all your doing is segregating yourselves. I dont see it as being any different than only certain races or genders who segregate themselves to their organizations.

Maybe if people didnt segregate themselves then maybe we could get along.

Have you ever had one of the newfound million scooter riders wave at you? Would you or do you wave back?

Im just an arrogant, hipocrate antisocial asshole anyway? I only wave at vmaxers.

I dont understand the whole wave thing period. Just because someone rides a bike that means you are suppose to wave at them. I get sick of waving at other bikers. Why do It? To me all your doing is segregating yourselves. I dont see it as being any different than only certain races or genders who segregate themselves to their organizations.

Have you ever had one of the newfound million scooter riders wave at you? Would you or do you wave back?

Im just an arrogant, hipocrate antisocial asshole anyway? I only wave at vmaxers.
It's not just bikes. Bugs do it, and Jeeps do it too.
It's an acknowledgment of a brotherhood I guess.

I wave if my peg's not scraping on the pavement or I'm not sitting at a red light. The kids on scooters love to be recognized, and the Harley's around here wave and then take a double check to see if they really saw what they thought they did.
The only non-wavers are the DWI riders on elite 80's :biglaugh:

This'll pretty much 'splain it:

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Don’t want to let go of handlebars, vibration could cause loss
of control.
6. Rushing wind could blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because he just took out second mortgage to pay
the luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and
realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching
to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Doesn’t want to drop his tools.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that
chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an
obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from
heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it
difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded
him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and
accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat
height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and
satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

Top 10 Reasons Sportbikers Don't Wave:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're
supposed to.
9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register
the movement and respond.
8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip
it out of the socket.
6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their
chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or
they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing
on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather
suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their
tank tops.
2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify
acknowledgement.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar,
listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!.
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

I wave at all bikes:punk: but then again in my small town everyone waves at everyone no matter what you r drivin:smileystooges:

think the old nod of the head is better.much less effort

and what the hell its bobbing around anyway

Here Motorcycles Corvettes Jeeps and Beetles owners wave to each other
Its a friendly gester almost like a big family such as one stated here in small towns people will wave or aknowledge you but Nashville has been rated the friendlist city 3 yrs in a row
Its a nice feeling to know that if you ever need help that someone will aknowledge you
Guess it all depends where you come from I will admit its a nice transition compared to being from NJ and getting people flipping you the bird
I guess it just depends where your from and what your used to

I wave if someone waves to me. There are just sooooo many bikes here in Florida, its getting as tedious as shifting. The whaddup head nod is becoming more common now.

I live in a small town(pop ~1,500) about 20 miles from our biggest city in the eastern U.P., Sault Ste. Marie(pop ~15,00). Very rural and most people wave no matter if their in a vehicle or on a bike.
I always wave at fellow motorcyclist, don't matter what they ride. It makes me feel good, if they don't wave I don't care too much. Either they did not see me wave or they have their own set of problems I don't need to worry about.
I usually stick my arm straight out from the grip, no down low wave from me.

I WAVE TO EVERY BIKER ! IF I DON'T , IT NEVER FAILS , THEY WAVE TO ME THEN I FEEL LIKE A DICK ! BUT WITH NEW JERSEY PLATES I ONLY DO THE DOWN LOW WAVE , SO THEY KNOW I'M NOT FLIPPING THEM OFF ! :rofl_200:MOST HARLEY GUY'S WAVE , BUT WHEN THEY LOOK AT YOU WITH THIER OPEN FACE HELMET & THAT ATTITUDE , I'D SAY I WISH THIER THROTTLE WOULD STICK OPEN , BUT THEY COULD PROBABLY JUST JOG BESIDE IT & HOLD THERE HAND OVER THE CARB UNTILL IT DIE'S , SO THATS NO GOOD , ALOT OF GUY'S I KNOW HAVE HARLEY'S & ARE GOOD GUY'S , BUT WHEN THEY GET ON THIER HARLEY'S THEY TURN INTO DICKS WITH BAD ATTITUDES , MAN WHAT DO THEY THINK THEY ARE ? COPS :rofl_200:

Just yesterday, after spending some time on some basic adjustments, I left my garage for a 'round the neighborhood test ride...

Heading out on a narrow two-lane blacktop at about 30mph, incoming, a 'lady' on a snortster, followed about 4 car links back, an older guy on a big dresser-hog... as they approach, I give the lil' wave...Nothin'...just a blank stare...from both of 'em... We passed maybe 6 feet apart... I know damn well they see me... But nothin'...

Then I remembered my own days 'back then'...the total disdain for any and all "Jap Crap"....hell, some of 'em, I still don't like and wouldn't own under any circumstances...

Nowadays, being OLDER and somewhat wiser, I have come to respect any and all regardless of what they ride, as long as they share the same respect and love for the ride, as we all do...

Some people are just f'n rude...regardless of what is under their butt...if that's the way they wanna be it's ok I guess...their loss... But if I ever see either of these mf'ers broke down along side the road, you can bet I'll wave again. They'll get the one finger salute, as I breeze on by 'em...

I flashed on this thread...as I went on my merry way...

My Lil' Mari is running great again BTW!

Uncle Philthy

MAN I HERE THAT ! & IF THERE BROKEN DOWN & WANT TO USE YOUR CELL PHONE , ITS OK TO USE A JAP BIKE OWNER'S , JAP MADE CELL PHONE !!!! YEA , THATS WHAT I THOUGHT ! JACK-ASSES ! JUST FOR THOUGHT ! THE AVERAGE AMERICAN HOUSEHOLD OWNS 2 TELEVISION SETS, THERE IS NOT ONE TELEVISION SET MADE IN AMERICA ! MAYBE HARLEY DAVIDSON OWNERS SHOULD MAKE A REAL STATEMENT , & THROW OUT THIER JAP CELL PHONES & JAP TELEVISION SETS , YEA, JUST LIKE I THOUGHT ! " HIPPOCRATES "

I wave at other Daewoo drivers!

maybe I shouldn't have admitted I drive a Daewoo....

Yo Bill! Our 'main' ride is a Suzuki...also my very first import car ever... One of the main reasons I went to the 'dark side', and bought my first ever import bike, was because of that car... One of the eaiest to maintain and operate we've ever owned... Ride On brother! I'll wave back at'cha!!

Philthy

When I'm on a bike, I wave at all bikes. When I'm in my Jeep, I wave at all Jeeps. Back when I had a Corvette, I waved at all Corvettes. 95% of the time, people wave back.

It doesn't seem strange to me.

Latest posts

Back