disc locks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this at my local independent shop and thought it was quite novel. Bet you would have a tough time getting these onto a commercial flight, especially that yellow-fellow!:biglaugh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 56
Medic-
I just bought a Xena xx10 series lock in yellow. I'm happy with it for what it is. It's no where near as senisitive as it should be but it's a visual thing anyhow.
I'm going to go with an ABUS eventually.
What's up with those revolver looking ones in your pic?

Those are disc rotor locks using a flat notched key like Kryptonite now uses. They have an inner pin on one half & you place it on either side of the disc & lock it. The yellow one is a simulated 'pineapple' style fragmentation device.

I see how they actually fit through the rotor holes like a sandwich. My Xena slips over not actually through the rotor.
I have those notched keys as well.. Comes with 3 of them. And a 120 db alarm.. However, from what I can see, the ABUS top model is really something. But it'll cost you $200 odd bones.. Twice what I payed for the Xena 10 model (which for some reason is recommended). I can't see why a Gen1 Max couldn't use a 14 or even better a 15 model.. Considering it fits over and not through the rotor. Plus the 14 and 15's are SSteel

And both are easily defeated by a couple guys w/a skateboard. Better than nothing though. Make it difficult so they go to an easier one.

Hopefully they'll grab those plastic, shinny Rice a' Roni instead!?!
Lest all be judged and those theiving pricks get what they deserve!!

Hopefully they'll grab those plastic, shinny Rice a' Roni instead!?!
Lest all be judged and those theiving pricks get what they deserve!!
A few years ago two harly riders lost there bikes they had disc locks
But they put them on the rear wheel disc so they started them up gunned it took off.
They got them both. So never put them on the back:bang head:

If you are going to use a disk lock, you should tie a cord and one of those "Remove Before Flight" ribbons on it. Drape it over your handlebar to remind you not to do something stupid.

I have a bore sighter for my rifle that I do the same thing with. When the bore sighter goes in, the cord gets wrapped around the bold handle. Keeps from accidentally jacking one into the chamber while the end of the barrel is still plugged.

I "HAD" a throttle reminder that was included in with the Xena xx10 and xx14 model I got for my brother. I damaged my Front Gear Assembly and Speedo connector late last year when I forgot my old school ABUS on my front Hub.. I used a Pro Locksmith to cut out my lock that literally forced it's way into my Hub!!
I haven't been using my new reminder cable cause, well, I gave no idea where the hell it went, but last night I was warming her up (3 C) and it was raining and I was misserable and I'm lucky I didn't damage it again!!
Keep your mind 200% on your TASK or carry a Throttle Reminder!!

Back